Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I am thinking about getting a scrambler for my girlfriend. She's 5ft 5 and quite small so wondering if an 800 would be too big for her? Any comments would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I am thinking about getting a scrambler for my girlfriend. She's 5ft 5 and quite small so wondering if an 800 would be too big for her? Any comments would be much appreciated
My wife is 5'2" ad she has both a Diavel and a Scrambler Classic. I fitted the lower seat from Ducati but she managed ok without it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Height is not as relevant as leg length, i am 5ft 6 and the 800 fitted great. The 1100 was a bit of a stretch but a retrimmed seat means feet flat on the floor and knees slightly bent. Best option is to get her to sit on one and take one out... when we are allowed out to play again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Height is not as relevant as leg length, i am 5ft 6 and the 800 fitted great. The 1100 was a bit of a stretch but a retrimmed seat means feet flat on the floor and knees slightly bent. Best option is to get her to sit on one and take one out... when we are allowed out to play again!
5'
Well, if you're 5' 3" tall, chances are that your legs aren't very long. If a 5' 3" person is having problems, chances are a 5' 5" person will too and if a 5' 3" person can handle it, chances are a 5' 5" person can to.

·
Registered
8 Posts

My two cents here is don't think so much about the power for your girlfriend but the weight of the machine which can be intimidating. The Scrambler 62 seems to be lighter and plenty of power to get the job done. An 800 V-twiin may be a tall order if you get into the off-road realm.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am 5’6” with 30” inseam and ride the Scrambler Icon. Flat footed at stops. Bike is about 400lbs but very well balanced and easy to maneuver. The 800ccs scare me sometimes and I’ve been riding about 15 years, just need to be precise with the throttle and clutch release when shifting. Actually getting after market clutch and brake levers really helped me there.

·
Registered
995 Posts
My two cents here is don't think so much about the power for your girlfriend but the weight of the machine which can be intimidating. The Scrambler 62 seems to be lighter and plenty of power to get the job done. An 800 V-twiin may be a tall order if you get into the off-road realm.
There's a pie and a plate of chips difference between the 62 and the 800s (189kg vs 183). I wouldn't worry about that personally. Not sure about the comparisons on power as I've never ridden a 62 but the 800 is pretty tame tbh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's a pie and a plate of chips difference between the 62 and the 800s (189kg vs 183). I wouldn't worry about that personally. Not sure about the comparisons on power as I've never ridden a 62 but the 800 is pretty tame tbh.

Point taken, I didn't realize the 62 was that heavy. Regardless 400 pounds is a lot of bike for most ladies, more so in an off-road situation as street you don't need to worry so much about tipping it over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 5" flat, 52kg and i can handle the scrambler no problem at all, it's super light, balances well, easy to push around even on grass/gravel. Granted i can't flat foot (but there are none i can anyway - crusiers aside), and i tippy toe at the lights on one foot combined with a butt scoot sometimes i can get the whole ball down depending on the road camber.

It's not impossible and not hard, i think it really comes down to the rider and how they feel and being relaxed and confident, you don't have the hold/carry the weight of the bike up, just balance and it'll hold itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts