Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forever is a long time. The Scrambler may not be the best at anything other than the sure joy of riding. Is it enough for you keep it in your garage/stable long term? If you could only have one bike I see the itch to try different bikes and change but if you can have more than one bike, the Scrambler would definitely be a keeper because it is so fun and easy to ride.

The ideal garage would be
Scrambler - anytime ride
Panigale V4 - go fast rides
Multistrata 1260 - touring and distance
KTM dirt bike - eating dust rides

·
Registered
211 Posts
Interesting question. Probably related to your location and the type of riding you enjoy most, but for me the Scrambler is super fun, but not capable enough for long hauls - therefore I'd have to go for the Multistrada if I had to pick only one.
If the choice was "you're only allowed to ride within a 100 miles radius" - then I would pick the Scrambler.

Just for the record, I currently have the following in my garage:
Scrambler - anytime (under 100 miles).
Multistrada - commute (when I have shopping/laptop/gym bag/etc) and long hauls
Diavel - go fast rides
Sport Classic (Paul Smart) - showing off
MH900e - really showing off
1965 Scrambler (custom) - showing off/eat dust rides.

I could certainly do without the Sport Classic and the MH900e because they are worth more by not riding too much.
But really I'd like a couple more.....916 SPS, 999R and 1198FE....but that's just being spoiled.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Interesting question. Probably related to your location and the type of riding you enjoy most, but for me the Scrambler is super fun, but not capable enough for long hauls - therefore I'd have to go for the Multistrada if I had to pick only one.
If the choice was "you're only allowed to ride within a 100 miles radius" - then I would pick the Scrambler.

Just for the record, I currently have the following in my garage:
Scrambler - anytime (under 100 miles).
Multistrada - commute (when I have shopping/laptop/gym bag/etc) and long hauls
Diavel - go fast rides
Sport Classic (Paul Smart) - showing off
MH900e - really showing off
1965 Scrambler (custom) - showing off/eat dust rides.

I could certainly do without the Sport Classic and the MH900e because they are worth more by not riding too much.
But really I'd like a couple more.....916 SPS, 999R and 1198FE....but that's just being spoiled.
I've got a similar collection but in 1/12 scale.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have scrambler 1100 for fun where you push hard and don’t go too fast (100)

Then I have a multi 1200 DVT that is the best alround bike you could wish for

Long distance, fast, handling

Put my riding ability does not allow me to push it.. like you can in scrambler where you can ride it hard

Thinking about a dirt bike again too but for road use in the wet days. - a Honda. Waiting on the new 400 to be released to check it for size I am short and can manage just their 250 but would need more power as I am a big lad..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts