Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just for something different I decided to start tracking my FT Pro after a divorce, offloading my V4R race bike and close to a year off a bike i took my stock FT Pro to the track.
I had taken it a few times prior just for laughs but as i now had nothing else to go fast i decided to have a crack.
On standard suspension Angle GTs and a slip on SC Project CRT with AFM i was lapping ok in the one down from fast group. Through the corners the bike was keeping up but it was wildly dangerous, slipping sliding, bucking and dragging headers on the ground as it bottoms out….

a quick trip to CUBE Performance for some custom suspension and a few home jobs myself this things a weapon on the track. Corner speed is so good but it needs more hp. Next step is building a motor hopefully 100hp.

mods to date

All road gear removed
Nitron Fork Inserts
Nitron Rear Shock
Monster 1100 rear sets GP Shift
Metzeler Race Tec RR 110/80 K1 F and 180/55 K2 rear
Ebay flat bar kit
717 Grips
V4R Master Cylinder
Upgraded front pads
Rapid Bike Evo
1000rpm increased limiter
Rapid bike quick shifter
MWR Puk and Air Filter

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just for something different I decided to start tracking my FT Pro after a divorce, offloading my V4R race bike and close to a year off a bike i took my stock FT Pro to the track.
I had taken it a few times prior just for laughs but as i now had nothing else to go fast i decided to have a crack.
On standard suspension Angle GTs and a slip on SC Project CRT with AFM i was lapping ok in the one down from fast group. Through the corners the bike was keeping up but it was wildly dangerous, slipping sliding, bucking and dragging headers on the ground as it bottoms out….

a quick trip to CUBE Performance for some custom suspension and a few home jobs myself this things a weapon on the track. Corner speed is so good but it needs more hp. Next step is building a motor hopefully 100-110 hp and this thing will keep up with the super sports guys (pros excluded) those guys are nuts.

mods to date

All road gear removed
Nitron Fork Inserts
Nitron Rear Shock
K1 F and 180/55 K2 rear
Ebay flat bar kit
717 Grips
V4R Master Cylinder
Upgraded front pads
Rapid Bike Evo
Rapid bike quick shifter
MWR Puk and Air Filter

View attachment 48027
awesome! I started tracking my FTP last year and following a similar path. I agree completely, it needs a little bit more power! It fits right in with the sv650’s out of the box.
The Metzler 18” front tire was not available so I went with the 17” cafe racer front wheel so I can run real sports rubber. Interested in seeing what you do with the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts

a quick trip to CUBE Performance for some custom suspension and a few home jobs myself this things a weapon on the track. Corner speed is so good but it needs more hp. Next step is building a motor hopefully 100-110 hp and this thing will keep up with the super sports guys (pros excluded) those guys are nuts.

mods to date

All road gear removed
Nitron Fork Inserts
Nitron Rear Shock
Metzeler Race Tec RR 110/80 K1 F and 180/55 K2 rear
Ebay flat bar kit
717 Grips
V4R Master Cylinder
Upgraded front pads
Rapid Bike Evo
Rapid bike quick shifter
MWR Puk and Air Filter

View attachment 48027
Beast of a bike, I saw it at cube it looks like an Absolut weapon 👊✊🏍💨🔥😎👍

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting. Trying to decide if a power-up kit would be worth it or not. I'm not unhappy with the bike but a little more power would certaily be nice. So the Rapid Bike tune wouldn't need any special tuning? It just adapts and "figures" out the proper adjustments?

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is pretty awesome! I have a FTP and track it as well, bit of a different direction on styling though but I really like how yours looks. What belly pan is that? Take a look at mine.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Tire Sky Helmet Sports equipment Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Running a 17" cafe racer front wheel with dunlop q3's, andreani cartridges and a tractive rear shock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is pretty awesome! I have a FTP and track it as well, bit of a different direction on styling though but I really like how yours looks. What belly pan is that? Take a look at mine.

View attachment 48511
View attachment 48512
View attachment 48513

Running a 17" cafe racer front wheel with dunlop q3's, andreani cartridges and a tractive rear shock.
Very cool !!
belly pan is off an early monster, there are a few on eBay just need to trim around exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts