Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1508621061676.jpeg
just installed Rizoma handle bars (MA009b), Rizoma bar ends and retro reverse mirrors, and Rizoma screen on a dart screen bracket.

Love the more narrow Rizoma bars, about 3-4 inches more narrow than stock and a bit lower and more forward, looks much more streamlined, faster cornering response, and much better for lane splitting!

Cable routing was a bit tricky but I got it to work okay, just not the prettiest routing :) due to the more narrow and shorter bars, had to loop the clutch cable under and around the bars to come out from the right side hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see you installed Rizoma screen on a dart screen bracket without having to move the speedometer. Can you provide more information on how you accomplished this and what parts you purchased? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see you installed Rizoma screen on a dart screen bracket without having to move the speedometer. Can you provide more information on how you accomplished this and what parts you purchased? Much appreciated.
Sure, all it requires is a little bending of the two dart brackets on each side a little inwards to fit the Rizoma screen. Be careful to bend it enough so that it's not touching the headlight ring to prevent it from scratching it. That's really it, pretty simple. I bought my FT used and it came with a dart screen so I didn't have to purchase any additional parts, just the Rizoma screen (I either used the original dart screen bolts or the Rizoma ones that came with the screen, can't remember).

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 25017 just installed Rizoma handle bars (MA009b), Rizoma bar ends and retro reverse mirrors, and Rizoma screen on a dart screen bracket.

Love the more narrow Rizoma bars, about 3-4 inches more narrow than stock and a bit lower and more forward, looks much more streamlined, faster cornering response, and much better for lane splitting!

Cable routing was a bit tricky but I got it to work okay, just not the prettiest routing :) due to the more narrow and shorter bars, had to loop the clutch cable under and around the bars to come out from the right side hole.
Hi, quick question regarding the Rizoma handle bars (MA009b). I ordered the same model and it doesn't fit in the stock riser. apparently that model number is tapered, so 29mm in the middle and then 22mm at the ends to fit stock controls and grips. Did you have to modify the stock riser to fit this fatter bar?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, quick question regarding the Rizoma handle bars (MA009b). I ordered the same model and it doesn't fit in the stock riser. apparently that model number is tapered, so 29mm in the middle and then 22mm at the ends to fit stock controls and grips. Did you have to modify the stock riser to fit this fatter bar?
I didn't have to modify mine because I have the full throttle that already came with the fatter clamp/riser. Only thing I did have to modify was to ground down the plastic "knobs" on the throttle/clutch housing that goes into the holes of the stock bars, but since the Rizoma ones didn't come with those holes pre-drilled, I opted to just take a dremel to those plastic knobs and grind it off.

Since you don't have the FT riser, you might consider getting the Rizoma risers with the center gauge, not cheap, but then you have the benefit of having the center mounted gauge, which to me, looks cleaner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn't have to modify mine because I have the full throttle that already came with the fatter clamp/riser. Only thing I did have to modify was to ground down the plastic "knobs" on the throttle/clutch housing that goes into the holes of the stock bars, but since the Rizoma ones didn't come with those holes pre-drilled, I opted to just take a dremel to those plastic knobs and grind it off.

Since you don't have the FT riser, you might consider getting the Rizoma risers with the center gauge, not cheap, but then you have the benefit of having the center mounted gauge, which to me, looks cleaner.

I see. Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cool, looks nice! Curious if the flyscreen made any noticeable difference in terms of windblast at freeway speeds.

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts