Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have just purchased the Scrambler helmet. My idea was to also buy the goggles, but when i try it on it a really sh... fit - its almost like the goggles are way to big, or the helmet is to low on the forehead.
The goggles "nose fitting" is almost on my upper lip when it´s on - and helmet is a perfect fit - in size L
Does anyone have any expirance - is it the helmet or the goggles or an combination?
ducatihelmetgoggles.jpg

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Where are you based? My dealer has received the goggles in stock but not the helmets.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I haven't seen helmet or goggles in the flesh but in all the promo photos I've seen the goggles do look very large as in your pic!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't seen helmet or goggles in the flesh but in all the promo photos I've seen the goggles do look very large as in your pic!
The image i have enclosed is not mine - it was just to illustrate the items. On the image - it looks ok - but in real fife - the fit is not good..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please do not take offense to this, but maybe its your face. In my case it normally is.
Haha.. No offence taken :) (the only thing thats wrong in my head is inside ;)).
I just talked to one of my friends - he has the same problem, an we both have normal head shape. But I still looking forward to hear others experience with this issue.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I tried one of the Scrambler Bell 500 helmets on yesterday while visiting the Ducati dealer. The helmet fits very low on your head. This probably affects the fit of the large Scramble googles. Smaller aviator type googles may work better.
I also found that you have to cram your glasses on.

Brian Mcm: I would try the helmet on before you bought the helmet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The scrambler helmets are from Bell, the goggles from barstow. The goggles I believe have one size only.

I ordered the following combination: Bell custom 500 (Large) with the barstow omamental conifer. I will let u guys know about the fit the moment they arrive.

Bartslow goggles.jpg
bell_Custom_500_Retro_Blue_motorcycle_helmet__05859.1428329196.1280.1280.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now more of my freinds have tried the combo - and thay have all the same problem with this combo.
I purchased some smaller goggles to another helmet, but thay also do not fit. The only way I see some solution is to use sunglasses og the windshield that are made for the Bell 500 (but that ruins the helmet i think).
Looking forward to hear about other expirances and/or solutions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wiley X goggles or Look on the Davida helmets site, they have different goggles and one fits over spectacles. American forces use Wiley X, I bought some from eBay years ago but sold them on when I started wearing specs full time. They were good with open face helmets and converted from spec to goggle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts