Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow bikers,

I have a Scrambler Icon 2020. I want to change the exhaust since the stock one tends to overheat in traffic and sounds a little bit muted for the actual power of the bike, which is really dangerous.
There are many good options but I probably prefer the Termignoni Race or the Zard Low Mount. I kinda hesitate to get either of the two.
While the Termi guarantees good performance, it does not sound as loud as I may want it to be. The Zard looks better imo, but I don’t know if I need to do any remap for smooth performance. The performance concern is also with other non-Termignoni exhausts.
If anyone here who has experience with the Scrambler and has heard different exhausts, can you give me a loudness ranking of different Scrambler 803 exhausts?

Many thanks,
Long

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi fellow bikers,

I have a Scrambler Icon 2020. I want to change the exhaust since the stock one tends to overheat in traffic and sounds a little bit muted for the actual power of the bike, which is really dangerous.
There are many good options but I probably prefer the Termignoni Race or the Zard Low Mount. I kinda hesitate to get either of the two.
While the Termi guarantees good performance, it does not sound as loud as I may want it to be. The Zard looks better imo, but I don’t know if I need to do any remap for smooth performance. The performance concern is also with other non-Termignoni exhausts.
If anyone here who has experience with the Scrambler and has heard different exhausts, can you give me a loudness ranking of different Scrambler 803 exhausts?

Many thanks,
Long
Hey there!

I just put the termignoni race on my 2020 Desert Sled and without the dbkiller in there it's quite loud. I wouldn't want them any louder than they are since it would make riding uncomfortable. If I go for long rides I actually keep the dbkiller IN. I can't give you an exact DB-reading but my opinion is that it is right on the limit for what is comfortable. Have a good one!

Here's a link to what it sounds and looks like!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there!

I just put the termignoni race on my 2020 Desert Sled and without the dbkiller in there it's quite loud. I wouldn't want them any louder than they are since it would make riding uncomfortable. If I go for long rides I actually keep the dbkiller IN. I can't give you an exact DB-reading but my opinion is that it is right on the limit for what is comfortable. Have a good one!

Here's a link to what it sounds and looks like!
Hey!
Thanks for the reply!
Maybe recording doesn’t do justice to the actual sound, especially for V2 engines. I really wish I could hear it in person. I know that the Termi will guarantee performance, but I want my exhaust loud (since my bike is in Southeast Asia and it’s awfully noisy there).
Spending 1500 bucks and still not be recognized kinda sucks. I think it’s still loud though, but I haven’t really figured out to what extent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Regarding heat, one of the many reasons is that the bike runs lean (at least in the US market, not sure about yours). This can be addressed with a fuel map change (one comes with the Termi exhaust on a map key which may help a little), an aftermarket fuel controller, or something like a BoosterPlug which tricks the bike into thinking it's colder out than it is, so it runs richer. You can also add heat reflective tape to the back side of the exhaust heat shields as well as the bottom of the seat to reflect some heat away from your body. It is a large air cooled motor though, really just not an ideal motorcycle for slow stop-and-go traffic.

In noisy conditions, being seen is more important than being heard. Just ask any of the hi-viz wearing boomers with hundreds of thousands of miles on their silent comfy-couch bikes.
That being said, with the silencer removed from my Termignoni slip-on race exhaust I have had the fuzz hunt down my bike from about a half mile away in town to issue a ticket for loud exhaust. It will give you a headache to ride for long with it removed so you'll want to wear ear plugs or put the silencer baffle back in for longer rides. The screw that secures it is not a great design, easy to lose in the exhaust and it's aluminum so hard to retrieve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regarding heat, one of the many reasons is that the bike runs lean (at least in the US market, not sure about yours). This can be addressed with a fuel map change (one comes with the Termi exhaust on a map key which may help a little), an aftermarket fuel controller, or something like a BoosterPlug which tricks the bike into thinking it's colder out than it is, so it runs richer. You can also add heat reflective tape to the back side of the exhaust heat shields as well as the bottom of the seat to reflect some heat away from your body. It is a large air cooled motor though, really just not an ideal motorcycle for slow stop-and-go traffic.

In noisy conditions, being seen is more important than being heard. Just ask any of the hi-viz wearing boomers with hundreds of thousands of miles on their silent comfy-couch bikes.
That being said, with the silencer removed from my Termignoni slip-on race exhaust I have had the fuzz hunt down my bike from about a half mile away in town to issue a ticket for loud exhaust. It will give you a headache to ride for long with it removed so you'll want to wear ear plugs or put the silencer baffle back in for longer rides. The screw that secures it is not a great design, easy to lose in the exhaust and it's aluminum so hard to retrieve.
Thanks for the reply.
Actually my main reason of changing the exhaust is for the sound. The heat issue, I believe, can be because of the traffic condition and the climate in Vietnam as well. I am considering to remap anyway, after the exhaust change. No need to put her on the Dyno if I get a Termi, but probably need to do some kind of remapping. I’m thinking of the PowerCommander in that case.
Of course, being seen is really important too. But in Vietnam traffic, sometimes some random middle-aged ladies on their scooters just casually cross the roads out of nowhere so I would say being seen and heard are equally important in Vietnam.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the Termi. I have heard mixed reviews about the sound of the Termignoni. Some say that it’s really loud, but some say that it’s not that loud. The main thing that holds me back from getting a Termi is the price though. Probably I will need to hear irl from bikes with Termignoni installed. :cry:
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi fellow bikers,

Many thanks,
Long
I have termignoni and all I did was take out the inside noise suppressing pipe at the end of the exhaust sounds way throatier and added 5% grunt .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts