Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2018 Icon custom here in Brazil, the motorcycle had 3.000km (aprox. 1800 miles). The motorcycle is still under warranty until 2021. After a few days I started noticing that the plastic around screen started to crack around the edges. So I contacted the dealer and they told me to take the motorcycle there, and it should be covered by warranty. I took it there but due to covid-19 they weren`t working full hours, so I postponed and kept using the motorcycle, since the warranty is up until june 2021. A couple weeks ago I took the motorcycle to the dealer and requested the exchange of the panel or at least the plastic screen. And they said that Ducati denied the replacement, because the problem could have been caused by the use of wrong cleaning products, and because the bike was with 5000 km (I`ve riden about 2000 km in less then a month and a half because i was having fun).
But heres the deal, the problem was already happening with 3000km, and also, the crack is inside the plastic screen, not on the outside. I have other motorcycles and im pretty sure that i know how to clean a dashboard or a motorcycle.
Even after i try multiple ways to reach the company i can only talk with the customer support, that basically only foward the messages to Ducati. I`m really dissapointed and lost all my interest on the motorcycle. Also i saw the same problem happening on other scramblers. This isn`t a cheap bike to buy over here in Brazil, and it makes me really mad the fact that they are denying the replace of a part that is covered under warranty.

Also, my front brake fluid is leaking, and they said that I need to wait until the new cover (or gasket) is sent from Italy. Just wanted to share here and see if somebody else had this kind of issue. I`m going through legal ways even do this isn`t what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good luck with this mate. It seems Ducati need to get there aftercare act together from a few things I've read here and there. As you say, they ain't cheap and at the price you expect quality both with the bike itself and the dealer network. Touch wood, I've been lucky – I have a 2015 Icon and aside from a clutch that didn't go as far as I thought it should I've not had an issue. Keep us posted, and keep the pressure up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greeting from Thailand, i bought 2020 ducati icon around last three months and i got the problem on dash board and brake fluid leakage too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greeting from Thailand, i bought 2020 ducati icon around last three months and i got the problem on dash board and brake fluid leakage too.

View attachment 45900
That's sad news to hear. They are trying to denying my warranty coverage saying stupid things. It would help if you could share privately your chassis number so I can show them that is not just my bike. But If you rather not I totally understand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's sad news to hear. They are trying to denying my warranty coverage saying stupid things. It would help if you could share privately your chassis number so I can show them that is not just my bike. But If you rather not I totally understand.
I want to show to brazilian dealerships that I'm not the only one having this issue. And specially prove that it wasn't caused by lack of care. I'm telling like they are treating me like a clown

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where do you live in Brazil?
About the dashboard, they’ll probably try to push the problem forward till warranty expires. Of course it’s not good to have a nice bike with materials problems, but it is still a esthetic issue (hope there’s no water entering your panel).
But I would definitely be concerned about brake o-rings. These are generally inexpensive spare parts and probably identical to other bikes. Go for a repair on that on a good bike shop and keep the papers (receipts, invoice, etc). I would expect Ducati service to have plenty of that.
If you are close to Rio de Janeiro, take your bike to Teknopoint, they are very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts