Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- just joined up to get some advice. My 2016 Icon has had its second Desmo service having done 8,500 miles.
Question one.
Engine kept cutting out today when on idle or riding- it just stopped.
Its 250 miles into its last service- all good even the electronics.
I did run out of fuel a few days ago but all fine till today. kept cutting out but then decided to risk it and open up the throttle- got home fine!
Dirty fuel injectors?
Any advice would be gratefully received

Question 2
Had to buy a new final drive kit. I was hoping to get 10,000 miles. I do 200 miles a week on a motorway ( USA- Freeway)
Is 8,500 a bit short?
I don't thrash the hell out of it apart from the occasional blast, as we all do!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did you over fill your gas tank? That will cause your bike to chock up as your carbon canister gets fuel in the vacuum line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi - thanks for the input. Didn't realise that could happen. I'm not sure if this is the case currently as the tank is only half full. May try getting some engine cleaner to put in the tank in case the injectors have scum in them.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi - thanks for the input. Didn't realise that could happen. I'm not sure if this is the case currently as the tank is only half full. May try getting some engine cleaner to put in the tank in case the injectors have scum in them.
Thanks.
Sidestand recall?
Thanks- called Ducati Roadside assistance as it cut out on me again 3 times on the way back from the gym. Booked into the dealership. Sides stand - good call!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts