Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to this forum and am looking for more information on a Bike I'm getting. My sister passed away and I'm getting her bike. I know it's a Scrambler, I believe a 2015 Icon. If anyone could confirm that or let me know if different, I would appreciate it. Also, anything I should lookout for with these types of bikes. I previously owned a 2012 883 Iron and loved the hell out of it, does this have a different ride feel?
Thank you so much

·
Registered
896 Posts
The bike looks like an Icon but the tank badges and exhaust are not original. It may be that they were installed by the dealer at the time it sale. The exhaust is a genuine Ducati aftermarket part anyway.
As far as similarities to the 883 Sportster are concerned well they both have two wheels , a saddle and handlebars. After that there is no real similarities.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying.
The badges were throwing me off so much, I couldnt find any other bike that looked exactly like this one. I assumed she bought it stock.
I mostly want to make sure I get the correct battery. It hasn't been started in a month and it's an hour away from where I live, so i was going to grab a back up battery

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thank you for replying.
The badges were throwing me off so much, I couldnt find any other bike that looked exactly like this one. I assumed she bought it stock.
I mostly want to make sure I get the correct battery. It hasn't been started in a month and it's an hour away from where I live, so i was going to grab a back up battery

All 2015 Scramblers have the same battery.
If it is only a month since it was last started it should fire up just fine. My Scrambler and my Tiger both sit for well over a month without being started during winter and never have any issues.
The tank side panels and badges are easily changed that is one of the features of the Scrambler. It allows owner customisation. I'm sure the tank badges are genuine Scrambler ones they are just not the ones that were on the bike when it left the factory. They may have been fitted by the dealer while the bike was in the showroom to give it more bling or they may have been part of the deal at purchase time or your sister might have purchased them because she liked the look. Doesn't matter. The whole point of the Scrambler is that it can be individualised.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts