Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who nas arranged any pre insurance quotes. I need to phone Devitt to change over my monster insurance. Should be cheaper but you know how they wont even know what a scrambler is yet.
Value. I will base my value on all the extras plus the bike. Say £8000. Not including the termi system.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Normally the VIN number has been all thats needed for companies to decide on coverage. I have bought brand new models in the past and never had a problem with the insurance recognizing what it is. I'm guessing this will be the same.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I already got a quote for insurance in the US. Both Progressive (who I don't use) and State Farm (who all of my other policies are with) were able to provide quotes to me. Progressive was startlingly high. State Farm was $24/month ($294 annually) for full coverage with 100/300 limits and a $500 deductible. It's hard to compare rates though. Age, postal code, multi-policy discounts, driving record, and other things will skew the numbers.

How expensive is insurance in the UK?

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you're young on a superbike in a city, horrific! If you're old, on a cafe racer, and live in the country, like me, cheap! My cafe racer is so modified only half the frame is original, and it still only costs me £110 a year ;-) I'm hoping the Scrambler will be just as cheap!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've got my Multi 1200 and my 907ie insured together, fully comprehensive cover with protected NCD and breakdown cover for £174. That would be around $265 dollars and that's not expensive in the UK.

·
Registered
150 Posts
For the classic £98 but I'm 59 I'm guessing it'll go up next year lol. oh no ncb haven't ridden for two years excess £350 and 3 points speeding!!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have just renewed my 1290 Superduke which was £220odd. I decided to add the Scrambler onto the policy rather than have it on my trade policy and the total was £308. So that's £80odd for the Urban. She did ask which model Scrambler, not sure if it makes a difference ?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I took out a new multi bike policy out covering my 899 Panigale and The Classic - cost me £368 FC, £400 XS, 9 years plus NC, and 3 points for speeding.

The Pani was £314 by itself last year.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got my insurance sorted with Bennetts. All the scramblers are on their system.

They are also in Go Compare too.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I got a quote with Ducati insurance today. 123 quid with 150 excess, legal cover and protected NCB, I have 8 years NC. Declared all mods including the Termi race slip on which in an event of damage they will only replace with standard can but other than that no problem with a can marked not for road use. Think I will go with them when time comes and miss out on yet another meerkat toy ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
My quote with state farm was 260$ a month for full coverage.
Did you mean $26.00 a month? Because that is what I'm paying with Allstate. Full coverage. $1000 deductible on collision and $500 on Comp. and that is for 2 bikes. Scrambler and 1980 Suzuki GS550. If you meant to say $260 then Holy crap!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you mean $26.00 a month? Because that is what I'm paying with Allstate. Full coverage. $1000 deductible on collision and $500 on Comp. and that is for 2 bikes. Scrambler and 1980 Suzuki GS550. If you meant to say $260 then Holy crap!
260$ a month for me for the one bike, 3200$ a year. I am also under 25 which makes it more costly. You pay 26$ a month for full coverage on 2 bikes?!?!??!?! That's insanely cheap

1 - 20 of 32 Posts