Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year ago I fitted an arrow race exhaust and K&N filter along with a rexxer tune. I'm wondering if there are any other options available these days. I've read about the Intake Express and MWR power-up kits. Has anyone recently tried these? Would they require a new remap? This is for a 2018 Desert Sled.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did the MWR Power Up Kit on my Flat Track Pro. I did it at the same time as my Rexxer tune, so I can’t compare with just changing from a performance filter to the PUK.

On the Rexxer sheet, it did ask about airbox mods and I said ‘yes MWR-PUK’ so I assume it’s part of my tune.

I like the intake sound much better than before. The overall tune, PUK and exhaust gives it a really smooth linear feeling acceleration through the power band. You know it’s going to pull when you hear the intake noise over the exhaust noise.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Remember seeing the Dyno charts from the guy developing PUK. Sizable gain in the mid-range but actually reduced peak power. Not an issue but probably would somewhat change the Scrambler's character. It has a crazy flat torque curve, which seems to be a big part of it's 'easy going, always happy to go' vibe.

Next steps might be a custom Dyno tune? Rexxer remaps make a big difference but a custom mapping should get the bike running as good as it ever will.
Custom map would be advised after any major airbox mod like the MWR kit, Mugello also sell a snazzy looking carbon intake. Unsure on it's performance benefit but it looks great!

SLAYER - Airbox (Scrambler 2017-)

Otherwise, suspension work or lightweight wheels are the quickest ways to improve the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts