Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up full of beans to go meet my Monster buddies for a breakfast and a Sunday ride. Got geared up and bike out the garage and key and click and a sweep of clocks. Nothing at all .
Warning triangle showing and later spotted a battery issue so now on trickle.
Being this time next week I am taking the missus on holiday to Cornwall and at her suggestion we tow the bike with us for some coastal road freedom I am a tad curious to why.
Last time I used was 2 weeks ago so whether I left the key position with side lights which to be honest I think I would have noticed on or there is a discharge fault somewhere I have yet to find out.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I had a Garmin GPS cord go wonky on me one time, sucked the life right out of the battery. Good luck, let us know what you find.

Sarah

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you locked up the front when you parked it then I suspect the parking light function is to blame. I did that when went for a breakfast. I just happened to be able to see the bike from our table and noticed the tail light looked rather bright. Went outside and sure enough it was in the parking light mode. Very easy to accidentally place it in that mode and remove the key thinking you have only locked the front up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well Ducati stock battery is notoriously sucky. If I don't keep my Monster on a tender the battery gets low really fast. So I just keep it plugged always after riding.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am also guilty of locking the wheel in parking mode. A girl at work came in after lunch and said "hey, that lit circle on the headlight is pretty cool." Oops. Lucky it was only an hour.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Having left the parking light on with my brand new 848 Evo corse SE three years ago and flattening the battery I now double check that I've not left the lights on with both current bikes by holding my hand up to the headlight before I lock them away. :)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I had a faulty one on my Diavel only lasted a month, These things happen,

I even had it on my battery tender, like I always do :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've noticed mine struggle to turn it over after sitting a day or two! I was wondering how good the battery was, but it's new right, how bad can it be? :) I'll be plugging it in after every ride!

Well Ducati stock battery is notoriously sucky. If I don't keep my Monster on a tender the battery gets low really fast. So I just keep it plugged always after riding.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've just fitted the spare leads for my Accumate charger to the battery. Took 2 minutes to show fully charged [happy]

·
Registered
733 Posts
I need a second
Occassionally Aldi's do battery chargers / trickle chargers that are good for motorbikes - they have them in around twice a year - probably one of thosetimes is due or has just passed - they do exactly same as optimate - same connectors - but from memory about £15 - so much cheaper - I have 2 that I have had for 4 / 5 years - used to keep the Quad on one and one is used for my Old Shogun - that only does 200 or 300 miles a year.

So maybe worth having a look there or on their web page at the specials.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I plug mine in after every ride, I had no end of trouble with a Suzuki battery so better safe than sorry!
Ha same for me! My old SV650 battery was worse than the Duc battery. Stock battery would be too weak to crank the starter after 2 days of not riding.... lol. That was a great bike though other than the battery and the stock suspension. Had some pucker moments on that bike with stock suspension!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts