Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I normally run premium (91 octane US/Canada) in my DS, but when getting further out into the countryside it can be difficult to find. So, the question is, can a scrambler run on regular gas (87 octane US/Canada) if it really needs too? Will the ECU automatically retard the timing to avoid knock?

thanks

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I don't know if the Scrambler has a knock sensor (I think not). If it doesn't it can't adjust the timing.

I noticed if I run lower octane fuel it sometimes knocks a bit over 6500 rpm under full acceleration (WFO). Avoid that and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey all, I normally run premium (91 octane US/Canada) in my DS, but when getting further out into the countryside it can be difficult to find. So, the question is, can a scrambler run on regular gas (87 octane US/Canada) if it really needs too? Will the ECU automatically retard the timing to avoid knock?

thanks
Just had to double check..........our 'regular' in the UK is 95 RON and 'premium' is 99 RON. Nothing for me to worry about with 'regular' then ;o)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
95 RON would be 91 here, which is considered premium. Regular is 87, which is 90 RON.

·
Registered
31 Posts
95 RON would be 91 here, which is considered premium. Regular is 87, which is 90 RON.
:notworthy:......just checked again and didn't realize that you guys in Canada and the US use a different measurement system for fuel too :confused2: .........next thing you'll be putting your dates the wrong way round, driving on the other side of the road and measuring in feet and inches too :laughing7:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts