Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my name is Mitch and I work at Moto Machines (www.motomachines.com) which is a seller of premium motorcycle accessories such as windshields, luggage, and protection. I am reaching out to the community here to become more involved and in efforts to get to know what people are looking for and what to stock. So I have three questions for you.

One, what would you like to see being sold that you have a hard time finding? This can be one item specifically or a whole category of things.

Two, Amazon has caused some problems with real-world expectations and now those new to motorcycling from the Amazon world expect everything to be in stock. We do our best to keep everything in stock but it’s simply not possible based on how many options are available and the fact that some items don’t sell that often. Can you please let me know how important it is to you that the item is in stock when you purchase the item. What is the length of time you are willing to wait on an item to get back in stock? Have you gone with an alternative lesser quality item because you didn’t want to wait? Do you still have that item or did you end up replacing it? Whatever your experience on this subject, we want to hear!

Three, what grinds your gears when it comes to purchasing items for your bike?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think most people are understanding of lead times as long as the lead times are presented up front. If I see something that appears "in stock" and I order it... well, I like anyone else would be disappointed to find out that it is not actually in stock. So expectation management is a big thing up front. I would and have waited a month before for something I liked. But I knew that going in.

Bags and gear to hold your phone/laptop/takeout/workout clothes for the scrambler, leather or plastic, but waterproof, I think there is a market there. I have a tank bag I bought second hand because it is so preposterously priced from the factory. Bar ends that fit, sliders that don't cost a bajillion dollars, headlight covers that don't look like they belong in a blender slicing and dicing, I guess those are the few things that jumped out at me.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Honesty is what matters for me. If I’m told something is three weeks away then its 3 weeks away and I will wait. If “in stock” means in stock at the manufacturer in China and the product has to travel from China to my country then through a distributor to my retailer then to me I get very pissed off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts