Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea how many Scramblers are going to be produced the first year? I was wondering if these bikes were going to be hard to get during the first year or so.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know my dealer mentioned getting three of each model on the first pass... from our conversation it sounded like that would be it for a while

·
Registered
965 Posts
With the manufacturing being done in Thailand I'm betting they can ramp up as needed. Just hope that the quality remains as it should for the brand, but there any many manufacturers that do this, Honda for one.

·
Registered
965 Posts
The KLR 650 does not seem to have suffered from being built in Thailand.
They have been good with their quality, but when a ramp up occurs sometimes there are problems. I have seen it first hand but I am not initially concerned with quality since thats the way of the world market. (Except for some Chinese products though)

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I know my dealer mentioned getting three of each model on the first pass... from our conversation it sounded like that would be it for a while
9 on initial allotment is pretty decent. More then I would have thought.

·
Registered
127 Posts
BMW has had car and bike engines made in china for a few years now,,,as long as the manufacturer stays the course on QC there should be no problems,,,i was a little leary of getting first year production ,,,but the engine isn't really new,,,, Ducati has been useing this engine architecture for decades,,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts