Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
being only an 800 i was hoping for 45-50mpg depends on final drive ratios and how hard you're hittin the loud handle,,,,i'm not looking for crazy mpg numbers tho,,,thats what my stella is for,,,gettin 100+ with it,,,65-70 with my dr350,,,

·
Registered
72 Posts
The specs indicate that it is tuned for torque and for mileage. With 375 lbs. dry weight and a very small frontal area it should do well. It might do better on longer trips with 1 tooth more on the counter shaft sprocket.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am hoping for around the 50 mark. being my Gti only gets 25, it will save me a bundle going to see my parents.

·
Registered
150 Posts
47 -55 mpg still running in and obviously restricted to 6k but normal riding town and country using what revs I can and taking to rev limit etc so I guess you'd really have to rag it to drop below 40mpg methinks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm at 2000 km and my average is 47 mpg. Half of the KM is made in a congested city (istanbul) and half of it is short weekend trips.

·
Registered
941 Posts
47 -55 mpg still running in and obviously restricted to 6k but normal riding town and country using what revs I can and taking to rev limit etc so I guess you'd really have to rag it to drop below 40mpg methinks!
I have rode it hard past 2 tanks when out riding with a Panigale 1199 and MS 1200 DVT and it has not dropped below 54mpg. Very impressed given I was over 6k revs a lot. That was blasting through country lanes and just hitting 3 digits on faster roads. Have 1500 miles on the odometer now and bike feels nicely loosened up. Now I have put an aftermarket can on will be curious how this effects the mpg with the cat now gone

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have rode it hard past 2 tanks when out riding with a Panigale 1199 and MS 1200 DVT and it has not dropped below 54mpg. Very impressed given I was over 6k revs a lot. That was blasting through country lanes and just hitting 3 digits on faster roads. Have 1500 miles on the odometer now and bike feels nicely loosened up. Now I have put an aftermarket can on will be curious how this effects the mpg with the cat now gone
54 mpg UK is 45 mpg US, which is exactly what I have been getting for about 6,000 miles. I'm also not light on my throttle. :)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Relatively "heavy" throttle hand (all numbers are US)...

Bone stock bike - 42mpg around town, 49mpg highway

After installing Remus Hypercone Exhaust, BMC Air Filter & Rexxer Tuning - 37mpg around town, 44mpg highway

But I picked up over 6 peak HP, and 3 ft/lbs of torque too - so I consider it a "fair" trade.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm consistently getting over 60mpg (UK) on every fill up. I don't know what constitutes riding like a granny, but on motorways/dual carriageways I cruise at about 80, in towns keep to speed limit, on country roads anything up to 70+ depending on how straight they are! Only for overtaking of course :angel5:

·
Registered
965 Posts
I recently had a decent ride combined city and country roads and after a ride of 91 miles, I filled the tank and it took 1.7 gallons so I was happy with that. I think it's the best mileage I've gotten so far though.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I get 60mpg on longer rides (50mpg US) and around 54mpg when commuting (45mpg US) So better than I expected. Light usually comes on around 115 - 130 miles depending on my mood.
When I picked it up, it could barely manage 100 miles to a tank. It increased a lot after 800-1000 miles.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Now that I have a 16t front sprocket mileage is constantly 55MPG or better. My driving stayed the same so mileage is up about 5-8MPG.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts