Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I seem to have a couple of small issues. I come from an Enduro background, my KTM still safely parked in my garage, won't get rid of that soon, so my riding style might be slightly different to the rest of you.

Firstly, I can't use my MX boots on the Scrambler as it doesn't fit between the gear lever and the peg, weird angle on your foot if you do manage to get it in though. Tried adjusting the linkage to the highest point to no avail. Weird problem to have seeing that the bike is to be used off road as well?

Secondly from a riding perspective, off road I stand almost all the time, and I stand on the ball of my feet as this is just a bit more aggressive for me. When standing on the pegs, for some reason my right foot's heal is planted solidly on the exhaust... who designed that?....

Anyone experiencing the same issues as me? Any resolution?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can't comment on the shifter for you, since even my fairly large (US 12) feet fit in there ok.

The heel touching the exhaust thing is fairly common I think. One thing that a lot of people who like to stand have done is to replace the stock footpegs with the ones from the Multistrada. They're a direct swap, much better, and cheaper than aftermarket ones. I'll likely do it soon even though I don't offroad just because they'd be more comfortable, especially with the rubber inserts.

·
Registered
214 Posts
A Ducati adjustable gear pedal, with a folding tip, is available (£117) which gives an extra inch length. I found this was not enough for my size ten and a half Sidi boots, so I made an extension bracket to give another inch and a half, and it now works for me. I also have Multistrada footrests, which are better than standard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The ICON was built for urban explorers in high top tennis shoes.
My Opinion.
The Desert Sled is just a taller ICON.

Not truly built for ADV.

However, my BMW GS A was also not all that kind to my size 12 boots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts