Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, new member, I have already introduced myself. Can someone please confirm the standard security fitted to the bike, I know there's no alarm. My bike comes tomorrow and the dealer has told me it will be datatagged but also the scrambler is fitted with a thatcham cat 1 immobiliser, I can't see this mentioned anywhere else, anyone able to confirm ? Mines a 2017 model, icon.
Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats!

It has an immobiliser, yes, plus the mechanical ignition & steering lock, and that's it. You might find some more details about the immobiliser in the user manual:

https://scramblerducati.com/immagini/manual//Scrambler_800_(E4)_GBR_MY17_ED00.pdf

If you want more security the official accessory disc lock looks pretty nifty... it mounts permanently to the front brake caliper and locks with a small pin so you don't need to use any of your limited storage space on the bike. If you forget to remove it the bike supposedly just stalls, it won't break your forks or caliper. It's similar to, or perhaps licensed from the Roadlok locks. I haven't tried it, though. Just looked into it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats!

It has an immobiliser, yes, plus the mechanical ignition & steering lock, and that's it. You might find some more details about the immobiliser in the user manual:

https://scramblerducati.com/immagini/manual//Scrambler_800_(E4)_GBR_MY17_ED00.pdf

If you want more security the official accessory disc lock looks pretty nifty... it mounts permanently to the front brake caliper and locks with a small pin so you don't need to use any of your limited storage space on the bike. If you forget to remove it the bike supposedly just stalls, it won't break your forks or caliper. It's similar to, or perhaps licensed from the Roadlok locks. I haven't tried it, though. Just looked into it.
Thanks Steve, will look into the disc lock. I know the bike has an immobiliser, just wanted it confirming it's a thatcham cat 1 as he mentioned, the insurance asked about it as immobilisers on there own are usually cat 2, cat 1 is usually reserved for immobiliser and alarm systems that are combined.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having recently got my classic back after some low life's knicked it,I can confirm that the standard immobiliser did its job as they hadn't got the bike to run ,they broke the headlamp of its brackets and cut the ignition off after removing the 2 bolts and tried twisting wires together ,all to no avail.
I replaced everything and got my original keys ,wrapped up the new key in baking foil placed my new key in the ignition and my old one right up next to it and she fired up once running I could put the old key back in my pocket ,if I didn't use this method the clock would say IMMO (immobiliser) .
Recently called back to my dealer and he reprogrammed it all for the new keys ,what this says to me is the system certainly stops you starting the engine , didn't stop it getting knicked though which of course was my bloody fault (not)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having recently got my classic back after some low life's knicked it,I can confirm that the standard immobiliser did its job as they hadn't got the bike to run ,they broke the headlamp of its brackets and cut the ignition off after removing the 2 bolts and tried twisting wires together ,all to no avail.
I replaced everything and got my original keys ,wrapped up the new key in baking foil placed my new key in the ignition and my old one right up next to it and she fired up once running I could put the old key back in my pocket ,if I didn't use this method the clock would say IMMO (immobiliser) .
Recently called back to my dealer and he reprogrammed it all for the new keys ,what this says to me is the system certainly stops you starting the engine , didn't stop it getting knicked though which of course was my bloody fault (not)
Sorry what happened to your bike mate, unfortunately it seems to be happening more frequently. Hopefully the experience is behind you and you can get on with enjoying the bike. All the best AJS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts