Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I patiently await the arrive of my bike, I find myself buying more and more parts. A front and rear stand will be a must. Yet I don't see any available.

I called Pit Bull today and they said they hope to release their version within the next few weeks. While I have see a few DIYs on here, Im still kind of in the dark.

I found a Pit Bull front fork lift, and rear spool lift for insanely dirt cheap. From what Ive rear, the front stand will work with no issues. The rear one is up in the air, is it worth picking up and then modifying? Has anyone done anything like this?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the pit bull rear stand... It works perfectly with the Scrambler. I have shift tech spools on the rear and no problems.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Stands that attach to your rear spindle (axle) are of limited use. Handy for cleaning and lubing the chain, but you obviously can't remove your rear wheel or even adjust chain tension.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a rear stand that I bought for my Triumph Tiger XC, but for the DR650 I bought an ATV stand, which lifts the bike hydraulically under the engine. Gets both wheels off the ground at the same time. Takes no effort as it's designed for a much heavier machine.

SCA ATV Lift - 680kg - Supercheap Auto Australia

I'm sure they have them in the U.S. of A (and probably a lot cheaper!)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
For general stuff I slide a rod through the rear spindle and then use a conventional paddock stand.
One of our members here bought an ABBA kit for the Monster 796 and uses his existing ABBA stand, I too have done this and reckon it's the best option as any others are less stable or interfere with changing oil etc.
Also the stand can fit most other bikes by changing the fittings which takes seconds to do.
The bobbins in the rear axle don't allow wheel removal as Barfridge said.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There was some talk of the later Scramblers having mounts for bobbins that were not on the first models out of the factory/ies. Any truth in that rumor?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks Hui. I'm going to see if they deliver in France.
You'll need to improvise a way of keeping the LH footrest folded clear of the stand. It folds when you lift the bike but will foul when you try to let it down. I use a small piece of 3mm alloy plate jammed in the bottom of the hinge to keep the footrest from folding all the way down.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You'll need to improvise a way of keeping the LH footrest folded clear of the stand. It folds when you lift the bike but will foul when you try to let it down. I use a small piece of 3mm alloy plate jammed in the bottom of the hinge to keep the footrest from folding all the way down.
Thanks Derek. I catch it

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It doesnt appear that Abba ships to the United States.

Any other options that allow maintenance for the rear of the bike? I dont really want to go with a paddock set up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts