Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, The shock is a JRi MC/10 sold exclusively from SB Suspension. The shock was designed to appeal to all types of owners. The scrambler has 4 different models and I wanted to be able to address the needs of the rider. The shock has 3 design options. The single adjuster open jet Streetfighter shock. The double adjustable shock which has both External Compression and Rebound adjustments and the 3 way shock with High speed compression to address tuning for the full racer. All shocks are length adjustable with remote nitrogen reservoir.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks the business, what country are you in and are you going marketing them?
We are located in the United States but I think we will have strong sales world wide.
Look for more to come as soon as I can get more time with the bike. You can stay updated on Facebook. Like us at Scrambler Suspension

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pricing will depend on which adjustment level is chosen:
The Single adjuster open jet "Streetfighter" will be $799
The Double adjuster remote reservoir will be $985
The Triple Adjuster High Speed Compression remote reservoir will be $1299

Also, There is a good possibility that a High Speed Piggyback will be available but it's still in design phase.

Also, I will have fork options just as soon as I can get a set of forks long enough to check all the design parameters.
I'm hoping that cartridge is serviceable so that I can have a re-valve option and a full cartridge option for the front.

I will have to figure out exchange rates and shipping costs for the other side of the pond.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Are you doing anything to the front suspension when I checked the one out today those forks look so small and cheap and they are non adjustable. Nicer front forks would be nice. I think this bike is too expensive after everything I want to do to it the $$$$$ just keep adding up and I think having $16,000 in a scrambler I might be better off looking at a bike with better components.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wait until the 1200 comes out as everything will be beefed up if that's what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you doing anything to the front suspension when I checked the one out today those forks look so small and cheap and they are non adjustable. Nicer front forks would be nice. I think this bike is too expensive after everything I want to do to it the $$$$$ just keep adding up and I think having $16,000 in a scrambler I might be better off looking at a bike with better components.
I"m working on getting a set of forks that I can tear down and get the spec's that I need for design and testing. The fork is not at the low performance level that the shock is at stock. It does need custom valving and adjustability. The only way to add External preload, Compression and Rebound will be with a cartridge kit. I will be supplying a full cartridge built by GP Suspensions. However,I am hoping that I will be able to also offer a less expensive revalve kit, but that will be determined on how the stock cartridges are assembled.
Your point on price is a very good one. Taking from my experience of working FZ-09 owners. A full cartridge is a hard decision on a under 10k price point. That's why I hope to offer both options.
As far as fork legs themselves. They are 41mm and that is the standard on 600cc and 750cc race bikes. They should be up to the standard duty of the normal rider. This bike is a scrambler but if your going to try run Paris to Dakar then maybe a different choice in bikes would be a better option.

·
Registered
153 Posts
SBKen, I have asked my dealer to put in a heavier fork oil on my bike as a starting point prior to me picking it up. I do realise it probably has more to do with the damping why the front felt unsettled on bumpy/poor road surfaces but to me it was still very softly sprung.
Do you think trying the heavier oil would be the easiest starting point?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SBKen, I have asked my dealer to put in a heavier fork oil on my bike as a starting point prior to me picking it up. I do realise it probably has more to do with the damping why the front felt unsettled on bumpy/poor road surfaces but to me it was still very softly sprung.
Do you think trying the heavier oil would be the easiest starting point?
From my experience going to heavier oil doesn't do a lot of good. Heavier oil will only affect rebound and not do much if anything to compression. Performance forks and shocks usually require the lightest oils around a 3 or 5 weight. I never go heavy with a cartridge. I rely on pistons and valving to control movement.
The forks have a long stroke about 210mm with about 45mm free sag. That's telling me that the spring is very progressive and probably doesn't do much until the end of the stroke. The air spring affect probably doesn't come into play until the very bottom. So what you end up is a fast dive in the beginning and then very harsh movement at the end of the stroke. This is far from ideal situation.
So to try and answer the question. Putting heavier oil in the forks will only slow down how fast the front end bounces back. That doesn't seem like the problem that I encountered so far with the Scrambler.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update on Shock status. The new shock head that I needed to design is in production and about 30 days from delivery. So if anyone is interested I will have shippable product in about a month.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thanks for the advice and the hard work, SBKen; you must have been in the shop night and day. I'll bet business will be hopping.

Sarah

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sarah, Suspension is 7 days a week for me. The Scrambler is just a fun project. Hopefully, We will have scramblers in a few weeks.
Don't forget to like "scramblersuspension" on facebook

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sarah, Suspension is 7 days a week for me. The Scrambler is just a fun project. Hopefully, We will have scramblers in a few weeks.
Don't forget to like "scramblersuspension" on facebook
Done!

Sarah

1 - 20 of 60 Posts