Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
hey guys! Do you know if all the tanks are the same through the years? Are the tanks for the 400 the same as the 803?
It's been tried and all the tanks fit the same through the years.
The 400 however has an extra 1/2 litre or so capacity due to the fact they don't have the separate side panels, they have the same shape but it's integral.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's been tried and all the tanks fit the same through the years.
The 400 however has an extra 1/2 litre or so capacity due to the fact they don't have the separate side panels, they have the same shape but it's integral.
Awesome thanks!

Anything I need to know before buying the tank? The tank I'm looking at is nothing but the tank, no screws, no gas cap. I'm assuming the rest of it is transferrable from my old tank, right?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Awesome thanks!

Anything I need to know before buying the tank? The tank I'm looking at is nothing but the tank, no screws, no gas cap. I'm assuming the rest of it is transferrable from my old tank, right?
As far as I know, yes. The disconnecting (your own) of the fuel lines from the internal fuel pump can be troublesome and quite easily broken, other than that I don't see any problems.
I can only confirm the 2017 Sled and 2015 Urban & Classic change over but from what I've read on here, they all interchange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts