Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

Ducati Scrambler is equipped with Tubeless Dual Sport Tires from Pirelli, 110/80 ZR18 front, 180/55 ZR17 rear.
That's a cast wheel in the picture but are the wire spoked wheels using tubeless tyres but with a tube fitted, or are they tubeless as well ?
Somebody did post about this but I can't remember what was said.

·
Registered
541 Posts
as far as I know there is tube inside... I'll confirm as soon as the bike will arrive.

in the meantime, check the rear valve, because the icon/FT have angle valve on the rear wheels (I don't know of any tube with 90° angle valve)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I checked the bikes out a the Edinburgh show and I reckon the Icon uses tubeless and the Classic and Urban Enduro use tubes.

·
876 Posts
That's a cast wheel in the picture but are the wire spoked wheels using tubeless tyres but with a tube fitted, or are they tubeless as well ?
Somebody did post about this but I can't remember what was said.
My dealer said they are all tubeless including spoked wheels.

·
Registered
541 Posts
So......forgive the bleeding obvious question but......how can they be tubeless with tubes in them?
because the tyre is the same... his edge could take air inside BUT it will spill from nipples holes. So you can put a tubeless TYPE tyre on this wheels but it will stay flat without a tube inside.

it is possible to SEAL the holes on the wheels and replace the valve, this is made for example by Italian firm Bartubeless.it they will apply from the inside, a polymer skin who will seal the spoke wheels

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I think I've mentioned somewhere already ? my 690 Supermoto wire wheels use tubeless tyres (without tubes), KTM have a patent on the seal but I'm not sure what the patent is for exactly, maybe the mastic type stuff they use ?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yes, you did mention it Hui. It would be interesting to see how they do it.
Aye Derek, I thought I did but lately I seem to get mixed up between what I've thought, what I've done and what was just a dream ??
I wiped out the first set of tyres quite quick, getting the new tyres fitted from what I can remember there was a black tacky mastic around the rim over the spokes, I never gave it a second at the time.
There's 1700 miles on it now so won't be long before I need another set, I take more notice next time.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts