Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2016 Urban Enduro. Just hit 5,100 miles. It has been slowly gathering more and more oil around the lines below the belt cover for some time, mostly it was just a fil of oil and took about 500 miles to build up, but on a recent trip it got bad enough to mist on my foot on the highway. I had read quite a few bikes had an excess amount of assembly grease in the belt cover and over time with heat it melts and leaks out. I really dont believe that's whats going on here. I'll be taking it back to the dealer in about a week and a half and will post an update then with what they have to say. If anyone has had a similar issue please post up your experience. I will post some photos asap.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Twice on long trips (4000+ miles) mine has misted oil around the oil lines under the belt cover. Never, ever does that with miles and miles of everyday riding.

Sarah

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to make sure all those bolts are tight around there then if I still get some dampness I'll pull the cover and have a look. My dealer won't take it in until the 11th of Sept. So I've got some time. greer that's when it was the worst, twice, after a couple hundred miles of highway riding. Max Kool did yours stop? Did you pull the cover and clean out any excess grease? What kind of mileage are you at?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I'm going to make sure all those bolts are tight around there then if I still get some dampness I'll pull the cover and have a look. My dealer won't take it in until the 11th of Sept. So I've got some time. greer that's when it was the worst, twice, after a couple hundred miles of highway riding. Max Kool did yours stop? Did you pull the cover and clean out any excess grease? What kind of mileage are you at?
I took it to the dealer, and they removed the belt cover and wiped it off. Nothing serious.

My bike is at 11 or 1200 miles.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello

My Classic also got oil which seems to come out of the belt covers. In fact, the oil was coming from the filter, under the engine, but with speed the hot oil can go anywhere on the engine.

So, I would advise to check whether the oil filter is clean and if there is no oil around it. On a cold engine, you can even try to tighten it a little bit more, to avoid leaks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oil Filter is nice and dry, and my bike didn't have any issues either back at 1200 miles. Here are some photos after a hot day ride about 200 miles after I wiped it all down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have an update for you guys, turns out the seal on the timing belt shaft was bad. Being replaced currently. Ducati is being a little less than cooperative here as far as the factory warranty. They wouldn't guarantee the warranty would cover the work ahead of time and I had to approve it before the shop could move forward. In my opinion nothing should be leaking on a bike that's only 6 months old. At any rate, happy to be getting it repaired, cant wait to pick it up and get back on the road!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thank you for the update, hope the shop gets right to it. I'll keep an eye on mine.

Sarah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts