Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I work in France I popped into the local Ducati dealer. Icons are £700 cheaper, and £86 a month on their version of tri-options!

We really get tucked up in the UK :-(

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
It Could be import tax +the vat on that + Shipping it over the water, I'm Guessing, I know we do get ripped off over here like you say,

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Would they have to pay tax on that? As far as I know Ducati try to get retail prices around the same level wherever they are sold.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There's no import duty payable on stuff from Europe. It'll be transportation and on the road costs I'd imagine.

Jerry

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I said that to someone at work, I told him the throttle was on the other side....He asked if it was expensive to swap back!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
the headlight will cast light to the right and have to be masked or replaced
I think that used to be the case with the pattern throw in the glass but I don't think modern lenses do this, they pretty much just dip the beam down and not to one side.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One of the things which has affected the price is the strength of the Pound v the Euro. I guess when Ducati set the prices the UK price was on a par with Europe. Fortunately I'm in France and I paid for mine when the exchange rate was 1.38 Euro's to the pound.
Happy Days!!
IMG_0537.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts