Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to add the recommended amount of Sea Foam into my gas tank as a fuel stabilizer and all the other goodness that sea foam does.

I've read posts online but none discuss whether one should run the bike after putting the additive in or it's fine to let it sit and continue it's hibernation?

Thanks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I guess - you probably should shake tank a bit and run it for 10 minutes to pull additive into the fuel system...

But TBH - for 3 months or 4 months - don't really think you need it..

·
Registered
896 Posts
The manufacturers web site contains full instructions. Have you looked there?
My bikes/lawnmower/chainsaws/blower/generator can sit for months without being used and I never have any trouble with starting. My generator started third pull last weekend and it has been sitting unused with fuel in it fir maybe 4 or 5 months. Maybe US fuel is strange but I don’t believe that Seafoam type products are really anything more than a marketing exercise much like snake oil that is sold through fear rather than practical benefits fir the user.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I had been using Seafoam on my cars & bike(oil/gas) for over 2.5 years and haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KIWI, not sure which part of NZ/Australia you live in but I'm guessing that weather also plays a factor for winterizing a bike? My bike is in a garage but it's not temperature controlled so it can get fairly cold in there in the winter.

My rationale is that fuel gets old and having the same fuel in a tank for 3+ months is no bueno? I got the SeaFoam because it's what the store had instead of running around wasting my time looking for something like Sta-Bil. Both do the part that I need and Sea Foam does more.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The manufacturers web site contains full instructions. Have you looked there?
My bikes/lawnmower/chainsaws/blower/generator can sit for months without being used and I never have any trouble with starting. My generator started third pull last weekend and it has been sitting unused with fuel in it fir maybe 4 or 5 months. Maybe US fuel is strange but I don’t believe that Seafoam type products are really anything more than a marketing exercise much like snake oil that is sold through fear rather than practical benefits fir the user.
I read the bottle and forums

·
Registered
47 Posts
My chosen method of winterizing fuel tanks (lawnmower/chainsaw/weedeater/motorcycle) is to fill them to the very top at end of season, cover it with a piece of saran wrap and put the gas cap on over it. This excludes all of the air from the tank and prevents any moisture from getting in all winter. Been doing this for the last 15 years or so and I've never had stale gas in the spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts