Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
hereby some pictures of my new "project".
I already spoiled one attempt with red plexi glass. It´s my second try with white material. This stuff is quite hard to form...
What do you think? Is it worth the effort? Should I wait for after market products?
In my opinion it suits to the line of the bike.
Cheers Erik
IMG_3087.JPG
IMG_3088.JPG
IMG_3089.JPG

·
Registered
564 Posts
,Sorry but I think this does not suit the bike as a Scrambler.
Maybe if you were turning into a cafe racer it would be okay?
Ten out of ten for the screen though! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hello,
some things in life have to be finished...
I like the look, but the poor handwork quality made me see this as an ambitious attempt.
In spite of this I want to show it to you. Maybe the after market sees it as an inspiration.

Erik
IMG_3090.JPG
IMG_3093.JPG
IMG_3094.JPG

·
Registered
89 Posts
I too thought about something like this. But it would have to be a true single seat and not just a cover. I think maybe if it followed the lines of the tank it would be just a bit better. Not that you did a bad job. Forming plastics by hand is quite hard. I know I have done it. Maybe if you have the will to do another make a vacuforming table and use some ABS plastic, or if you are even up to a challenge, fiberglass would be a better alternative but you may need a downer seat to use to make a form. I personally would like to see a rear rack solo seat. That would be plenty useful.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hat's off to anybody willing to try a project. And I'm with Rob on the solo seat/rack combo.

Sarah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts