Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Seat cover

7K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  secret senor 
#1 ·
Hello guys,
hereby some pictures of my new "project".
I already spoiled one attempt with red plexi glass. It´s my second try with white material. This stuff is quite hard to form...
What do you think? Is it worth the effort? Should I wait for after market products?
In my opinion it suits to the line of the bike.
Cheers Erik
Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Honda Car
Helmet Personal protective equipment Automotive exterior Auto part Motorcycle helmet
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

See less See more
#7 ·
I too thought about something like this. But it would have to be a true single seat and not just a cover. I think maybe if it followed the lines of the tank it would be just a bit better. Not that you did a bad job. Forming plastics by hand is quite hard. I know I have done it. Maybe if you have the will to do another make a vacuforming table and use some ABS plastic, or if you are even up to a challenge, fiberglass would be a better alternative but you may need a downer seat to use to make a form. I personally would like to see a rear rack solo seat. That would be plenty useful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.