Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

PIcked up my Sixty2 last week, and love it!

I must admit though, at 6ft4 it feels a little small for me, and I find myself being forced too far forward on the seat due to the slope, where I'd much rather sit further back!

Would the +25mm seat fix this? At £250 I want to me sure before I go ahead and purchase!

Any other advice for the taller riders is welcome!

Best,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if the +25mm seat will fix your issue but I bought one from seastarsuperbikes.co.uk and they has 25% off

·
Registered
2 Posts
No I’m 5’10, but I found the Full Throttle seat a bit uncomfortable on long journeys and it did make me sit close to the tank. Comfort seat is a lot better although I haven’t done a long journey on it yet.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Try experimenting with how a lower handlebar would make you change position. I found lower bars with less of a sweep back, make the bike much more comfortable.
The standard Sixty2 bars are the same as the Icon, and make you sit bolt upright.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Interesting! Okay so something like these: Genuine Ducati Scrambler Variable-Section Low Handlebar Kit, 96280181C 8058265865003 | eBay

Love the bike so far, but wish I could've test ridden it.. .just got my license the day before and the stores insurance wouldn't allow it.. ..which I get!
I’d go even lower than the Full Throttle bars. Fatter diameter bar does look better though but then needs the mounting bracket for it, hence the cost of that kit.

I’ve got a narrower and lower Renthal bar that will fit straight into your current clamps if you want to try it? All yours for the price of postage...

Not in perfect condition but cheap way to test out your preference.

As for seat comfort, I had my seat customised by a guy in Scotland called Hurley Custom Seats, great decision. He altered the shape to my choosing and added much better foam and a gel insert. All for £270. Had to do without the seat for 4 weeks though, luckily I have a spare...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotcha! Thanks for all this!

I’ll try those bars first (will DM you my address, let me know monzo/ PayPal details etc!)
Then I’ll look at the custom seat from those guys! I’d be happy to spend it if it solved all problems!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my FT Seat cut, modified, and reupholstered in tan by a firm in London called SPAU....I got a few mm of height from it and it feels much better especially on longer journeys...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts