Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
2016 DUCATI SCRAMBLER ICON
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have just ordered a "MUSTANG ONE PIECE RETRO SEAT- 75027" from an authorized Mustang factory dist./Paid $334 w free shipping. That's the black one w the roll & plead ed top. Most of our forum owners gave this 'exact fit' Mustang seat good reviews w the exception of "sometimes difficult installations"; meaning difficult line up of the seat pin to the latch on rear fender. Fast 5 day delivery,,,,,Having my dealer swap it for the crummy stock seat ,,,,,in case the installation IS in fact super difficult to impossible, I have a back up plan, should I need to return the Mustang seat for a full refund if it simply won't fit; found two different duc OEM supposedly 'exact fit' seats for my 2016 duc scrambler icon, as follows:
-"DUCATI SCRAMBLER COMFORT SEAT" ;Pt # 96880221A MSRP: $322.80
-"DUCATI PREMIUM SEAT 1604" ;Pt # 96880771A MSRP: $330.60
Found these on: store.ducatiusa.com There was ONE MORE: "COMFORT SEAT 1402"/this one didn't look comfortable in pic, MSRP: $322.80,,,,,,no item description given for the "PREMIUM 1604" or the "COMFORT SEAT 1402" ???? what's up w ducati not bothering to add even a brief description??????
Already looked at all the 'exact fit' Corbin; Sargent stock seats, even custom Seat Concepts; nice but all way too expensive for me plus crazy long 4-6 wk lead times,,,,so NOT interested in these; not for me,,,,,,So here's WHAT I want to know; Has anyone on our forum ever bought and tried ANY of the 3 Ducati OEM seats I've listed herein, and if so, which, if any did you find were vast improvements regarding a COMFORTABLE RIDING EXPERIENCE as compared to the STOCK on my 2016 Ducati Scrambler Icon? BTW, I'm strictly a street/road rider city/suburbs commuter type......already got rid of the stock grips, and in process of changing the rider pegs to either duc OEM multistrada 1200 ones w rubber inserts, or, going w a strange, made in germany; "SW-MOTECH ION DUEL POSITION FT PEG KIT FOR DUCATI SCRAMBLER"/USD$ 115.90; pt #: FSR.22.011.10001.S, or; the SW-MO-TECH "DUCATI EVO FOOTREST KIT"/USD $168.95/pt#: FRS.22.112.10001,,,,this kit allow a 360 degree adj; fwd, back/stock ht/lower ht, which avoids possible need to adj. the shift lever, as w the mulistrada OEM pegs,,,,,while the cheaper MO-TECH kit only adj. as follows ; stock ht. to 25mm lower,,,,,,The main source for either MO-TECH peg kit, both includes rubber inserts, is: SW-MOTECH.US Would welcome any feedback from duc scrambler owners w experience w ANY of the items I mentioned; replacement seats and rider footpegs,,,,,thanks,

DUCATI SCRAMBLER ICON GUY

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey!
I went crazy in trying to find the perfect seat for my Icon. I pulled the plug on the Mustang seat, same as you bought! I love it!
I just wanted to stop sliding into the tank.
With this seat I am locked in place......full game changer.
The seat is very simple to swap....the only thing I find is you have to bend down to look at the lock pin to make sure it’s aligned. If it’s not, I only had to push the seat forward until it was.....then click, right in place.
Besides making the seat much better it also adds to the looks!
I’m sure you’ll like it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Nice question marks in the title. Really?
I have SW Motech adjustable pegs on my Triumph Tiger and they are way better than the OEM pegs. I have never adjusted them since they were installed but they sit slightly lower than the standard pegs so less leg bend but because they are thinner than the standard pegs top to bottom they actually also have more ground clearance. The wider flat top surface makes them much more comfortable on long rides.

57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey!
I went crazy in trying to find the perfect seat for my Icon. I pulled the plug on the Mustang seat, same as you bought! I love it!
I just wanted to stop sliding into the tank.
With this seat I am locked in place......full game changer.
The seat is very simple to swap....the only thing I find is you have to bend down to look at the lock pin to make sure it’s aligned. If it’s not, I only had to push the seat forward until it was.....then click, right in place.
Besides making the seat much better it also adds to the looks!
I’m sure you’ll like it.
Hey Stefcat803,

Can't thank u enough for your quick reply,,,,,,now that i got your positive feedback on the mustang seat, feeling very excited about receiving it next thursday,,,,,,and thanks for revealing the 'installation secret'; meaning if the tech at the dealer doing this for me has trouble getting the pin to align w the fender latch, i'll be right there to tell him to push the seat fwd til it's in, press dn on r fender then listen for the click showing the seat in locked,,,,,,,,i'm residing in the nw burbs of chicago,,,,,,,around where in general r u located,,,,,,,,

Ducati scrambler icon guy

57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice question marks in the title. Really?
I have SW Motech adjustable pegs on my Triumph Tiger and they are way better than the OEM pegs. I have never adjusted them since they were installed but they sit slightly lower than the standard pegs so less leg bend but because they are thinner than the standard pegs top to bottom they actually also have more ground clearance. The wider flat top surface makes them much more comfortable on long rides.
Hey KIWI,

Now that i've got you're positive feedback on your MO-TECH pegs on your Triumph Tiger, i'm going to purchase the MO-TECH peg kit that' an 'exact fit' for my duc icon,,,,,,,,I was worried almost no one knew of the MO-TECH brand and how great their pegs are,,,,,,,not any more,,,,BTW, I'm a Triumph dude too,,,,,had 2 '66 Triumph T-120R's 650 cc machines; tanks were beautiful; white w orange racing strips; rubber mounted bars, nice seat,,,,light and very quick,,,,,,thanks again,,,,,,I reside in nw Chicago burbs,,,,where ya located anyway,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have just ordered a "MUSTANG ONE PIECE RETRO SEAT- 75027" from an authorized Mustang factory dist./Paid $301.49 w free shipping. That's the black one w the roll & plead ed top. Most of our forum owners gave this 'exact fit' Mustang seat good reviews w the exception of "sometimes difficult installations"; meaning difficult line up of the seat pin to the latch on rear fender. Fast 5 day delivery,,,,,Having my dealer swap it for the crummy stock seat ,,,,,in case the installation IS in fact super difficult to impossible, I have a back up plan, should I need to return the Mustang seat for a full refund if it simply won't fit; found two different duc OEM supposedly 'exact fit' seats for my 2016 duc scrambler icon, as follows:
-"DUCATI SCRAMBLER COMFORT SEAT" ;Pt # 96880221A MSRP: $322.80
-"DUCATI PREMIUM SEAT 1604" ;Pt # 96880771A MSRP: $330.60
Found these on: store.ducatiusa.com There was ONE MORE: "COMFORT SEAT 1402"/this one didn't look comfortable in pic, MSRP: $322.80,,,,,,no item description given for the "PREMIUM 1604" or the "COMFORT SEAT 1402" ???? what's up w ducati not bothering to add even a brief description??????
Already looked at all the 'exact fit' Corbin; Sargent stock seats, even custom Seat Concepts; nice but all way too expensive for me plus crazy long 4-6 wk lead times,,,,so NOT interested in these; not for me,,,,,,So here's WHAT I want to know; Has anyone on our forum ever bought and tried ANY of the 3 Ducati OEM seats I've listed herein, and if so, which, if any did you find were vast improvements regarding a COMFORTABLE RIDING EXPERIENCE as compared to the STOCK on my 2016 Ducati Scrambler Icon? BTW, I'm strictly a street/road rider city/suburbs commuter type......already got rid of the stock grips, and in process of changing the rider pegs to either duc OEM multistrada 1200 ones w rubber inserts, or, going w a strange, made in germany; "SW-MOTECH ION DUEL POSITION FT PEG KIT FOR DUCATI SCRAMBLER"/USD$ 115.90; pt #: FSR.22.011.10001.S, or; the SW-MO-TECH "DUCATI EVO FOOTREST KIT"/USD $168.95/pt#: FRS.22.112.10001,,,,this kit allow a 360 degree adj; fwd, back/stock ht/lower ht, which avoids possible need to adj. the shift lever, as w the mulistrada OEM pegs,,,,,while the cheaper MO-TECH kit only adj. as follows ; stock ht. to 25mm lower,,,,,,The main source for either MO-TECH peg kit, both includes rubber inserts, is: SW-MOTECH.US Would welcome any feedback from duc scrambler owners w experience w ANY of the items I mentioned; replacement seats and rider footpegs,,,,,thank,

DUCATI SCRAMBLER ICON GUY
Hey Stefcat803,

Can't thank u enough for your quick reply,,,,,,now that i got your positive feedback on the mustang seat, feeling very excited about receiving it next thursday,,,,,,and thanks for revealing the 'installation secret'; meaning if the tech at the dealer doing this for me has trouble getting the pin to align w the fender latch, i'll be right there to tell him to push the seat fwd til it's in, press dn on r fender then listen for the click showing the seat in locked,,,,,,,,i'm residing in the nw burbs of chicago,,,,,,,around where in general r u located,,,,,,,,

Hey Stefcat803,

Hey !
48C01DC2-94B3-4944-A98A-E4835F0B750C.jpeg
5D9588BE-8867-4D98-89A2-1BFBFED78493.jpeg
9599671D-EAD9-41D8-A67B-DE39C624BFF8.jpeg

I’m about an 8 hour drive from you in Ontario, Canada.
See following instruction pics:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts