Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to sort the awful stock seat and I'm not really wanting to spend huge amounts of money on a new seat (unless one comes up for sale cheaper than original price).
I really fancied the Seat Concepts route but unfortunately they don't have a stockist in the Uk.
My other choice is to get a company to add some new foam, reshape the seat and put all back together.
I live in Gloucestershire and the guy that everyone has directed me towards is off the grid at the moment! Absolutely no response from him even though I've used multiple methods of contact. Anyone know of an company/ person not too far away from me that can sort the seat?

Would like to hear what other people have done in the UK?
Many Thanks,
Duncan

·
Registered
734 Posts
better keep searching for a used one in good condition and you will save money $$$.
I bought mine like that and was like new(still looks new).

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you want a good but expensive seat rather than a cheap and somewhat less uncomfortable one, Sargent is the way to go. I can't speak for Seat Concepts but the Sargent is good for hours of nonstop riding and doesn't get soggy even when Thor starts acting like the god of thunder.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been looking to sort the awful stock seat and I'm not really wanting to spend huge amounts of money on a new seat (unless one comes up for sale cheaper than original price).
I really fancied the Seat Concepts route but unfortunately they don't have a stockist in the Uk.
My other choice is to get a company to add some new foam, reshape the seat and put all back together.
I live in Gloucestershire and the guy that everyone has directed me towards is off the grid at the moment! Absolutely no response from him even though I've used multiple methods of contact. Anyone know of an company/ person not too far away from me that can sort the seat?

Many Thanks,
Duncan
Look up Hurley Custom seats. He sorted out my Classic seat. Located in Livingston Scotland. Very good prices too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for all your replies.
I've managed to find someone local who's going to use my current seat and add foam to take the dip away. It will be recovered in the original cover. I'm also being given a piece of foam for the area of seat pan I cut out where the tool kit recess was. She's only charging £40 so I'm keen to see how it turns out.
Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've managed to find someone local who's going to use my current seat and add foam to take the dip away. It will be recovered in the original cover. I'm also being given a piece of foam for the area of seat pan I cut out where the tool kit recess was. She's only charging £40 so I'm keen to see how it turns out.
Thanks.
then you got a better deal!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Many Thanks,
Duncan
Hi Duncan

I'ver had the standard seat, the lowered seat and the comfort seat. All are damned uncomfortable. I've just bought and cut in a gel pad to the comfort seat and it's still damned uncomfortable. Great looking bike and huge fun to ride but I can't see how I'm ever going to get the seat right! Any ideas?

Phil

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks.
Did this happen? I'd be interested to see how this turned out and an update on how it feels please.

I'm on the comfort seat which works fine for me ...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Phil and Ian,

I had the dip removed in the seat by having that area slightly removed then built up.
The dip has now gone and I've also removed the tool kit recess in the seat pan meaning that it is a much better position on the bike and more comfortable.

I'm happy with the results but if I was to do it again I would probably go down the Seat Concepts route.

Mugello seats look amazing and have a seat pan that has no tool kit recess... the only issue is that I've heard the foam isn't the best in their seats.

Hope this helps guys?

Thanks,
Duncan.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Seat Concepts do ship internationally from the USA.
We now have what will be an unused FT seat and a Seat Concepts cover for it is on the agenda if the Flat Track Pro seat does not work out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
An option that I've not seen explored much before is the fitting of the desert sled seat to the Icon.

Now it could perhaps in part be down to the suspension on the sled but I spent a full day on a demonstrator last summer with no discomfort what so ever.

I had already trimmed the top edge off the rear tool compartment and moved the relays on my own scrambler to lay flatter, so I was able to slot the seat from the demonstrator sled straight on to my bike with no issue.

I've been keeping an eye on evil bay for a second hand sled seat ever since, but I've never come across any.

It could definitely be an alternate option worth exploring as I suspect a standard sled seat could be purchased from your dealer cheaper than comfort seat or some of the aftermarket options.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
An option that I've not seen explored much before is the fitting of the desert sled seat to the Icon.
I did post exactly this a year ago. The Sled seat doesn't have the recess for the tool kit and I bought one for my wife's Classic, more for the looks as we turned her Classic in to a smaller/lower Sled lookalike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Due to the fact that I am chopping out my Scrambler I have a barely used 3 month old immaculate Sargent dual seat up for grabs folks. Major improvement on the stock jobby !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts