Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What seat options are available for the 1100? My a** is killing me everyday on my 38 mile ride to work. Is the seat that comes on the Special anymore comfortable than what comes on Standard 1100? Any after market options that folks here have fitted? Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My experience exactly, though the extreme pain didn't start until I was 80 miles out. I bought a factory "Comfort" seat which is an inch higher (I needed that for my knees) but uses the same firm foam as the regular seat and is no more comfortable to your tush. My final solution was a gel pad (2cm x 2cm x 2cm) inset into the seat foam and allowing re-use of the original seat cover. Gel is somewhat softer than the foam, but the real benefit is that it absorbs engine vibration which I believe was the source of my discomfort. If standard seat height works for you, the gel pad alone could help, if not cure the problem and it's only around $25 (eBay or Amazon). You can find plenty of how to do it videos on YouTube. Done properly, there's no change in outward appearance of the seat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a special, the seat is plush enough for me and doesn't ever really make my ass hurt (furthest ride i've done so far is only 160 miles though). my issue with it is that the pillion starts too "close" and I end up wanting to sit on the rise between the main seat and pillion. I want to get a comfort seat since it looks flatter, but it's also ugly imo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the sport seat and the comfort. Sport seat offers a better over-all position as the comfort puts more stress on my wrists (might not be an issue with the icon higher risers though)but for me the comfort is slightly kinder on the rear. That said I've been eyeing one of those mugello seats because neither is truly comfortable or good looking

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have the sport seat and the comfort. Sport seat offers a better over-all position as the comfort puts more stress on my wrists (might not be an issue with the icon higher risers though)but for me the comfort is slightly kinder on the rear. That said I've been eyeing one of those mugello seats because neither is truly comfortable or good looking
I’m just having a Mugello copy made fitted with a gel pad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. Anyone here with a 1100 Sport- how’s the seat?
I have a Sport & the seat is firm not uncomfortable but firm. I have just tried an "air hawk" seat on it to check if I like the slightly higher position & I do, it's a little softer too. I think I will go a comfort seat later.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Personally I can ride all day on the stock seat, but on day two it starts to hurt ;)
If your seat hurts that fast maybe try removing the tool set from underneath the seat. This trick helped a little on the 800.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just added the Mustang Tripper Fastback. I rode for a few hours today on the interstate and back roads to get a good feel for it.It's much more comfortable than the one that came with the motorcycle.

Pros: It feels a little wider and I'm no longer constantly sliding forwards and backwards.

Cons: I wish there was a little more cushion in it. The fit is a little jank. The front clip has enough play to let it slide left and right, and there is a large gap between the seat and the tank.

Here's some photos:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I just added the Mustang Tripper Fastback. I rode for a few hours today on the interstate and back roads to get a good feel for it.It's much more comfortable than the one that came with the motorcycle.

Pros: It feels a little wider and I'm no longer constantly sliding forwards and backwards.

Cons: I wish there was a little more cushion in it. The fit is a little jank. The front clip has enough play to let it slide left and right, and there is a large gap between the seat and the tank.

Here's some photos:
View attachment 45408

View attachment 45409

View attachment 45410

View attachment 45411
Looks and sounds good except for the fit in the front. I would take it up with Mustang if I where you. Friend of mine has one on his 800 and is very pleased with the comfort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts