Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok thanks for that, I really like the bike apart from the bars position & will probably get the slightly taller standard comfort seat in the future. I also found the small screen not a great deal better but protects the instrument panel. Great to talk, enjoy the ride.
20200805_174105.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Almost forgot to get back to this thread - my seat from Jungbluth has arrived and I took it for a slightly longer spin (about 150 km). Even though it's only about 3 cm higher than the original seat, the difference is huge: The foam is a LOT stiffer than original and though it sounds weird at first, it's much more comfy. Added bonus: A more direct feel of the bike's handling, therefore more control, therefore lower leaning angles. It just appears more refined and the hip is positioned better than with Ducati's original soft padding.

Astonishing, what Jungbluth achieves each and every time (third bike he fixes with an adjusted seat). Went for a simple colour scheme though as I might customize the bike in future:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Almost forgot to get back to this thread - my seat from Jungbluth has arrived and I took it for a slightly longer spin (about 150 km). Even though it's only about 3 cm higher than the original seat, the difference is huge: The foam is a LOT stiffer than original and though it sounds weird at first, it's much more comfy. Added bonus: A more direct feel of the bike's handling, therefore more control, therefore lower leaning angles. It just appears more refined and the hip is positioned better than with Ducati's original soft padding.

Astonishing, what Jungbluth achieves each and every time (third bike he fixes with an adjusted seat). Went for a simple colour scheme though as I might customize the bike in future:

View attachment 46049

View attachment 46051
Like your seat! Are you still pleased with the comfort? How much will a conversion like that cost if I might ask?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Skippy,
Yes, I am still delighted with it - even so much that my travel bike (1150 GS) just had its seat done, too.
The Scrambler-seat was slightly above 320,- EUR to make, 327,- incl shipping if I remember correctly. Worth every cent. If you should be around some time (I‘m about an hour from Enschede), feel free to try it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hi Skippy,
Yes, I am still delighted with it - even so much that my travel bike (1150 GS) just had its seat done, too.
The Scrambler-seat was slightly above 320,- EUR to make, 327,- incl shipping if I remember correctly. Worth every cent. If you should be around some time (I‘m about an hour from Enschede), feel free to try it.
Thanks for the offer. Good to hear you are still pleased with the seat. I'm still doubting going for a Ducati comfort seat wich is higher and flatter wich I also liked on the 800 and if this doesn't work out I will have the spare stock seat to change or if I give Jungbluth a try as I do like the shape of your seat a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well... choice is up to you. However one info might help: The Ducati comfort seat has the exact same padding as the normal one, which is already too soft - only double the height.

Jungbluth‘s foam is A LOT stiffer, first time riding feels as if it is wood. However, after 10 km, you get used to it and the sky becomes clear and sunny... 😉

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well... choice is up to you. However one info might help: The Ducati comfort seat has the exact same padding as the normal one, which is already too soft - only double the height.

Jungbluth‘s foam is A LOT stiffer, first time riding feels as if it is wood. However, after 10 km, you get used to it and the sky becomes clear and sunny... 😉
That's a good point and I agree it's the same foam. The thing is on day one of a trip I'm pretry much fine but after that it gets less comfy. The big advantage of the flatter comfort seat that it's easier to move around on and sit in different positions. Never had a custum made seat though so might give it a try.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts