Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've had my classic for a bit more than a week now, just about to turn it in for the first 1000km service. I love this bike, best one I've ever ridden!

Anyway, I've was washing it today and noticed that the front edge of the seat, on the corner towards the tank is getting quite worn. A small piece of the top layer has come off, so it's not worn in the nice vintagey way either. Seems like it's wearing quite quickly.

Anybody else seeing the same thing? Could it be just my seat? Ideas for fixing/making sure it doesn't get worse?

Cheers and keep scrambling!

Anders

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I brought it up with the shop where I got the bike when I brought it in for the first service and they replaced it, no questions asked. The manager said he hadn't seen the problem before.

I guess wear and tear is something we'll have to live with, but was glad to see they replaced it. Shouldn't be happening after only 1000km. 2500km later my new seat is holding up good, so I guess it might have been a manufacturing issue.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello

I have got the same issue on my Classic saddle, exactly at the same location on the saddle.
I got a new saddle, under warranty, but 10 days later it has got exactly the same issue, at the same location.
Not really astonishing as both saddles had the same references, so being made exactly the same way and same materials.

I have discussed with a saddle maker in my town and he told me that he had looked for a such a material (leather imitation) for another customer and he never found such a materiel for outside use. He found this only for inside use. So maybe the Classic material is not enough resistant for the use we make of it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

I've had my classic for a bit more than a week now, just about to turn it in for the first 1000km service. I love this bike, best one I've ever ridden!

Anyway, I've was washing it today and noticed that the front edge of the seat, on the corner towards the tank is getting quite worn. A small piece of the top layer has come off, so it's not worn in the nice vintagey way either. Seems like it's wearing quite quickly.

Anybody else seeing the same thing? Could it be just my seat? Ideas for fixing/making sure it doesn't get worse?

Cheers and keep scrambling!

Anders
I too have wear on my seat, currently asking for a replacement under warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello

I've changed two times my Classic saddle, under warranty. First time, the part reference was the same than previous one, second time, the part reference had changed... but the problem remains.

I've noticed my dealer which asked Ducati : no answer for the moment.

I'll let you know as soon as I have news.
I definitively think that the cover material is not adapted to the usage and that it should be changed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info.
Looks like a common fault. Shame as the bike is great apart from it's uncomfortably seat.
Hopefully Ducati won't fuss over the claim.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hopefully Ducati won't fuss over the claim.
I didn't had to insist, to get a new saddle each time. I also know my dealer changed at least another Classic saddle.

For the current saddle (the 3rd), I didn't claim for a change, I'm waiting for an answer from Ducati, being "w've changed the material, the bug is fixed". My 3 saddles were totally identical even if the 3rd one had a different part number : the last letter was incremented, meaning it was a different part. So, currently the bug is not fixed and a fourth saddle would have the same problem.

If Ducati doesn't answer before the end of my warranty period (ie. June 2017), I'll claim a last new saddle before this date and I will later have the cover changed by a saddle maker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts