Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

seat?

6K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Vroom! 
#1 ·
Has anyone come up with a solution to the crap seat Ducati settled on? I got used to the cushy seat on my GS450 and as much as I love the Duc, this seat is just the worst. My father in law had gels added to the upholstery on his stock Triumph Tiger Seat and i'm considering doing the same, but if it sucks... my stock seat is ruined.

Would like a Plan B just in case..

#3 ·
I'm hoping to find a stock seat online for less than $300. That way I can get it reupholstered and not have to dig into my original Full throttle one. Even a bare seat pan would be rad so I can build it from the ground up in a real street tracker profile.

My seat has softened up after my now 500 miles, but it's still hard to ride for extended periods. I think it's just too wide and firm to begin with....

All this from a guy who rides a rigid chopper on the reg, with a sprung Bates seat complaining about my scrambler with suspension. Haha.

#5 ·
The stock seat doesn't accommodate anyone's ass - fat or no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I'm really curious to see if SC is going to have a high seat available. Personally, I'd appreciate a bit more leg room, and a plusher seat to move around on when eating up the miles. I've done 1k miles so far this week and already feel as if I need to rest my backside lol!! If all else fails, that Comfort seat does look really good, might just buckle down and try that one instead.

#11 ·
I am looking at buying a Scrambler in August, about what Sleestrips said ( that started the Post ) at present I own a Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport 2014 model , and he correct about the Tiger sport seat it is very uncomfortable, I got mine redone at a local place ( the reason I saying this ) is that if you get your seat done with a local guy they can modify it until your happy with the results ( and you will not pay through the nose like with a Sergeant seat or Cobin ( and may not be happy with the results )

#12 ·
We don't all have a problem with the seats, I stop about every 90 or so miles to fill up and stretch my legs, I do find textile pants are not as comfortable as leather or jeans though,
I have found that the gel insert on previous bikes has solved any problems I've had, but haven't found it necessary on the scrambler,
Think some of you should eat more steak pies, :D

#14 ·
Markstar, maybe you should go to Italian restaurants rather than eat heaps of pies. The Italian Ducati seat designers must have tough rear ends to design such an uncomfortable seat. After a great 340 mile group trip to the Sierra Pass in northern California a few weeks ago, my ass was sore.:culpability: Can't wait for the aftermarket to come up with some decent seat options!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.