Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the form and new to Desert Sled ownership.When I picked up my 4 month old bike I noticed the brake reservoir seeping slightly leaving a stain on the side of the housing. My local dealer has ordered a new seal which I’m wait to arrive. Recently however, I’ve noticed my clutch cover seems to be doing the same now. Any ideas? The bike has always been on the side stand.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Maybe the previous owner overfilled the fluid in both causing excess pressure and the leak.
The rubber bladders that seal the housing can also be a bit tricky to reinstall properly. If somebody had the lid of and was not careful with the refitting they could have possibly not lined things up properly.
I would really only be worried if they still leak after you know that they have been put back together properly with the correct amount of fluid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. The bike was a shop demo which had been service just before it came to me. It’s just odd that in 3 weeks the clutch didn’t seep and now it’s just started. The brake one is possibly from being over filled but I can double check when the new seal arrives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts