Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
looking to their instructions they include resistors cables for installation.
that's a good LED alternative for the price.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I know that those type of light units clean up the rear of the bike but the ones that I’ve seen are not clear enough to some of the muppets that you are sometimes unfortunate to have drive behind you.
I’m also not a fan of those big ugly indicators that some manufacturers install as standard but there are some nice alternatives one of my favourites especially for the scrambler are the small but very bright rizoma and the indicators that come OEM on the panigale are one of my regular mods to bikes that I sometimes end up modding.

Don’t shoot me it’s only my opinion.....Geoff.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
For the moment I am being cautious and sticking with the originals on my FTP.
I like the small led ones from China but am worried about the muppets too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've seen those on a couple of scramblers and they look ok but I think the Rizoma are of nicer proportions and better quality.

Geoff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am curious as to what people think about an integrated turn signal vs OEM. Is the general consensus that OEM turn signals are easier seen than an integrated brake / tail light? My biggest concern is safety and being seen by the drivers behind me.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Indicator visibility is as much about position as brightness of the LED. If they are too close together, it makes the direction you want to go less obvious.
The reason factory fit ones are so huge and on ugly mounts is to meet requirements for this distance.

Personally, if I was getting indicators I'd get the Moto Gadget Blaze Pins. You can fasten them in standard indicator mounts or using any bracket you like. Super bright and tiny.

I don't like integrated units. I'd rather have brake lights and indicators in different places to make them more obvious.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I had the led rear lights and indicators in one unit but I felt unsafe so added the indicators to a ft pod I had kicking about. Plus it won’t pass the mot.
C2A324B6-D190-4797-A228-9E0EE3C807F7.jpeg
F2424B8B-0F89-497C-B115-809EF036E4AD.jpeg

·
Registered
107 Posts
No input on the integrated other than I'm not a huge fan. Clean? Sure. Safe? Not so much.

I really enjoy the stock 2019 signals. They're super bright LEDS, which means no colored lenses. It's just clear until the signal is on. MUCH cleaner looking than the 15-18 signals.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just installed the motodynamic and it works great. It modulates the brake light with is way safer and the progressive turn signal draws a lot of attention. I think the lights are just as bright as the OEM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts