Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
That is simply an ODB cable and plug. It will fit any vehicle (motorcycle or car) post about 1995. It will allow you to read the diagnostic codes but it will NOT allow you to change anything without additional software which only authorised Ducati dealers have. You CANNOT reset the service interval light with this cable alone.

·
Registered
Ducati scrambler classic 2016
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is simply an ODB cable and plug. It will fit any vehicle (motorcycle or car) post about 1995. It will allow you to read the diagnostic codes but it will NOT allow you to change anything without additional software which only authorised Ducati dealers have. You CANNOT reset the service interval light with this cable alone.
The advert says he has sorftware/cd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The software he mentions in the advertisement is the driver software that you load on your Windows PC so it recognizes the ODB reader as a Serial port device. It comes from the manufacture of the reader.
If you don’t believe me go ahead. It’s your money.
Not callin you a liar dude just quoting what advert said.thats why im askin has anyone actualy used 1😎

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have one I use on my Triumph Tiger and my cars. I can reset the Tiger service light using third party software sourced from an independent software company. There is no such software available for Ducatis. The Ducati software requires an electronic key that only authorized dealers have access to.
Read the words that are written in the ad not the words you want to believe are there. The ad does not say anywhere that the product as supplied allows you to do service indicator resets. You are seeing what you want to see.
Contact the vendor and ask this question,
If I buy this product from you can I reset the service indicator on my 20xx Ducati Scrambler using the product as supplied without needing any third party software?
Let us know the answer.
BTW the generic drivers supplied with these devices usually only work with Windows laptops. They don’t usually support Apple Macs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rexxer sells a device that allows you to reset service indicators (and other modifications) yourself, but it is expensive.

You're better off running down to the dealer and asking them to reset it for you, it will likely be 10x cheaper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one I use on my Triumph Tiger and my cars. I can reset the Tiger service light using third party software sourced from an independent software company. There is no such software available for Ducatis. The Ducati software requires an electronic key that only authorized dealers have access to.
Read the words that are written in the ad not the words you want to believe are there. The ad does not say anywhere that the product as supplied allows you to do service indicator resets. You are seeing what you want to see.
If I buy this product from you can I reset the service indicator on my 20xx Ducati Scrambler using the product as supplied without needing any third party software?
Let us know the answer.
BTW the generic drivers supplied with these devices usually only work with Windows laptops. They don’t usually support Apple Macs.
Azure Rectangle Operating system Screenshot Font
I asked the the question an this was reply.!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let us know the answer.
What you reakon to this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did mine this mornin
Took 20 min to get licence
Furkin buzzing
Turned 600mile service light out
£30 awesome
@Ryan bligh That's awesome news to hear that it worked. I've been looking into how I can reset the service light that just came on my 2016 Flat Track Pro for a couple of weeks now and my local dealer is scheduling services 2 months out at the moment.

Tried to see if I could find the same eBay ad you originally posted but I'm thinking maybe since I'm located in the states it is not showing up. Would you mind letting me know exactly what you purchased in order to reset the light? This is the closest thing I have been able to find on eBay but it is 3x the price shown in your picture unfortunately and I am NOT 100% confident it will work on my bike. It does mention having a 4 pin connector to fit the Siemens ECU I believe my bike has, however nowhere under compatible bikes is any scrambler listed.

I have done a lot of work on this bike and others myself but have admittedly never touched/modified an ECU with software in any way. This is not to say that I am nervous about doing so - more that I am confident in my technological abilities, but want to make sure I have the right tools from the get go. I put a full SC Project exhaust system on recently so it probably wouldn't hurt to richen up the maps a little bit either as it did not come with a new one...but that's a story for another time.

Appreciate any help, man!

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Ryan bligh That's awesome news to hear that it worked. I've been looking into how I can reset the service light that just came on my 2016 Flat Track Pro for a couple of weeks now and my local dealer is scheduling services 2 months out at the moment.

Tried to see if I could find the same eBay ad you originally posted but I'm thinking maybe since I'm located in the states it is not showing up. Would you mind letting me know exactly what you purchased in order to reset the light? This is the closest thing I have been able to find on eBay but it is 3x the price shown in your picture unfortunately and I am NOT 100% confident it will work on my bike. It does mention having a 4 pin connector to fit the Siemens ECU I believe my bike has, however nowhere under compatible bikes is any scrambler listed.

I have done a lot of work on this bike and others myself but have admittedly never touched/modified an ECU with software in any way. This is not to say that I am nervous about doing so - more that I am confident in my technological abilities, but want to make sure I have the right tools from the get go. I put a full SC Project exhaust system on recently so it probably wouldn't hurt to richen up the maps a little bit either as it did not come with a new one...but that's a story for another time.

Appreciate any help, man!
Dude im pretty useless at computers ect but i managed it.just go to jpdiag
That explains it better than i ever could

1 - 16 of 16 Posts