Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks like a preliminary version (incomplete in a few places and maybe wrong in others.)

But it's definitely a Ducati Scrambler 800 factory service manual. I just paid the 8 bucks to get my hands on it and it has a lot of info I was curious about.

DKM Motorcycles Workshop Manuals 2015 DUCATI SCRAMBLER Workshop Manual

I have no idea who the seller is or if they're doing something illegal or not. It worked for me though and I have the .pdf file and it opens and has contents, etc...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hell, it's not even available from the dealers yet!

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Does not look legit unfortunately but as long as you have the manual, I guess that's not too bad.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The service manual set that Pro Italia (a SoCal dealer) sells is only via a PC software (it is too old to cover the Scrambler).

For other vehicles, I have seen online manuals that were assembled from pdf files generating using print-to-pdf from the manual software. This Scrambler manual feels similar to other manuals put together that way.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid to download it and it's definitely the Ducati Scrambler service manual, but it appears to be missing the wiring diagram. However, it's 873 pages long. I'm kind of bummed that the wiring diagram isn't there. Almost everything else seems to be including engine tear down. Things relevant to my interests are included such as how to navigate the menu with the handlebar controls and how to change the timing belts.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! That's awesome. I heard it was a loose leaf insert. It's cool Ducati gives it to us in the book.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The best part is that your wiring diagram numbers match up to the 'Key' in the service manual. So that pretty much completes the service manual.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are some missing images. Also, I think that more details on the electronics are needed. I am interested in the definition of the pins that go in and out of the instrument unit and the control unit.

I am interested in what the Bluetooth module is capable of.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I think they may have meant one spring in each fork leg Ray,

As for torque wrench settings, these are given for a skilled mechanic, and he'd know right away that the drain plug shouldn't be that tight, I do think torque wrench settings in the wrong hands can be fatal , It's telling inexperienced people all they need is a torque wrench and they can do loads of jobs on their bikes, when we all know common sense is also needed,;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Elvisto - I fully agree with your comment. The main reason I mentioned it is because probably the first thing an "inexperienced" person starts with is an oil/filter change and they are going to be pissed off when they pop the top off the drain plug, or worse, strip the thread.
And yes - some think a torque wrench is the answer without knowing about things that effect torque like lubrication, material etc.
Like you, I am more likely to tighten a fastener using a combination of feel, some experience, common sense and sometimes a torque wrench.
I hate mistakes - especially in this case as this drain plug error has been around for about 5 years in Ducati manuals (e.g. 1100 Monster) - and has never been corrected.
While I'm on a roll - there is a mistake in the Owners Manual - page 61 - it says to push button 3 for 2 seconds - I believe they mean push button 2 for 3 seconds.
Regards - Ray.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts