Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I’m about to get a 2017 DS (I can’t wait!) but I’m a bit confused by the description of the service light on the dash in the manual. So, as far as I can fathom, after the 600 mile OIL service the service light stays on but shows the countdown to the 7500 mile DESMO service for between 2 and 5 seconds after switch on. But my question is does the service light remain on until the DESMO service has been done?

Forgive my dumbness - it’s 35 years since I’ve bought another bike and I still own and ride that, a ‘74 850 Norton Commando which is, err, quite a bit simpler......

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Assuming you're buying a new one? The service light will come on at 600 miles. My dealer reset the counter when they did the 600 mile service. And it came back on at 7500, together with the "DESMO" notification (which they reset when they performed the desmo service...).

Is that the info you're looking for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming you're buying a new one? The service light will come on at 600 miles. My dealer reset the counter when they did the 600 mile service. And it came back on at 7500, together with the "DESMO" notification (which they reset when they performed the desmo service...).

Is that the info you're looking for?
Thanks, It’s a 2017 model but only has 650 miles on it and although it’s had it’s 600 mile service stamped by the dealership, the ‘service’ light is on. I couldn’t figure out if this was normal or if the dealer just forgot to reset it or something?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Thanks, It’s a 2017 model but only has 650 miles on it and although it’s had it’s 600 mile service stamped by the dealership, the ‘service’ light is on. I couldn’t figure out if this was normal or if the dealer just forgot to reset it or something?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people have had their 1st service done at around 600 miles or wrongly even sooner and not waited until the light actually came on at around 620 miles, the lamp is really set at 1000km.
The dealer won’t reset a light that’s not on meaning a return to dealer to have it reset.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Some people have had their 1st service done at around 600 miles or wrongly even sooner and not waited until the light actually came on at around 620 miles, the lamp is really set at 1000km.
The dealer won’t reset a light that’s not on meaning a return to dealer to have it reset.
My dealer won't reset the service indicator unless THEY perform the full service.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Yeah, many dealers are like that. Kinda sucks (especially since there's a stamp in the OP's service booklet).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, many dealers are like that. Kinda sucks (especially since there's a stamp in the OP's service booklet).
To be fair they (Manchester Ducati) have said to call in and they’ll reset it. But they failed to mention if it would be accompanied by a bill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealer won't reset the service indicator unless THEY perform the full service.
Ducati has taken this off the dealers on the 2019 bikes. Now they simply can not rest the light unless it was them that actually did the service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes we got it dude, you posted this up 5 times already. It's a tiny wrench emoji on your display, nothing more. If your bike has been serviced it's good to go. Don't let it ruin your day. Get on your new sled and get in the wind for a bit. You will feel much better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah you're right sorry about that. I'll get out on it ASAP.

Just shocked Ducati can make a change and completely stop anyone but Ducati resetting a service light. If I'd bought last years model I'd have been laughing.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yeah you're right sorry about that. I'll get out on it ASAP.

Just shocked Ducati can make a change and completely stop anyone but Ducati resetting a service light. If I'd bought last years model I'd have been laughing.
I'll bet Shirlaw still has the capability from when he was Ducati.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah cheers I was hoping for that so used them for the oil change but Ducati have changed the ECU again so the kit Shirlaw owns won't work on 2019 scrambler but does work on their own 2018 Scrambler.

I'm still gutted to find out Ducati won't let the dealer clear my oil service reminder because a Kawasaki/Triumph/Suzuki dealer changed the oil instead.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Nope, I have a 2017 Desert Sled, same thing. Only the dealer can reset it, and only after you've reached the required mileage...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Nope, I have a 2017 Desert Sled, same thing. Only the dealer can reset it, and only after you've reached the required mileage...
Aye but what he means is that only current dealers can re-set it. Shirlaw's used to be a Ducati dealer and their older equipment won't do the latest ECUs but it does do the 2018s

·
Registered
31 Posts
Totally sucks.

The main dealer is miles away and are refusing to reset the oil service reminder because they didn't do it.

It was only the 600 mile initial oil change how can Ducati refuse to clear the reminder just becuase a Triumph/Kawasaki dealer changed the oil and not a Ducati dealer.

It's an air cooled twin not a state of the art highly tuned racing machine.

Gutted to be knocked back like this on my new bike, Thanks Ducati.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
(btw, you may want to concentrate your grievances to one thread, you're kind of spamming the forums with four or five threads about the same subject)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts