Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fancy a Shark Evo One 2 for the full face function as I am always lifting my visor and flip to get extra ventilation when not at speed. Has anyone got one and can give me a review before I order. I tried one on today and was pleasantly surprised with the quality and fit as I have always had expensive but top of the range lids. At present I have a BMW flip which I believe is made by Schuberth and a Shoei Neotec 2.

·
Registered
894 Posts
They don’t fit me so I can’t comment on that aspect. My Daughters boyfriend loves them but he is French so I think nationalism may have some influence on that.
I have plenty of riding buddies who have used Shark Evo flip helmets over the years and most have only used the helmet for short periods before they have gone to something else. The early model Evo was weak and prone to the flip mechanism failing and from conversstions with others it appears that the helmets show their age very quickly. Most of the people I know who have had Shark helmets have subsequently gone to Nolans.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I have always considered the Nolan helmet to be really budget so never on my radar. But having said that the Shark hasn’t either. Just bit the bullet and ordered one online, we’ll now just have to see.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have looked at Sharks a number f times. I do quite like them but there is always the fit issue for me. They are certainly one of the most innovative helmet manufacturers and you have to give them credit for that.
I really need to add a Flip helmet to my wardrobe to use on bicycle marshaling duties but I can’t get my wallet to release AUD$1000 for a Shoei at this point.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thanks for that. I have always considered the Nolan helmet to be really budget so never on my radar. But having said that the Shark hasn’t either. Just bit the bullet and ordered one online, we’ll now just have to see.
I have a Shark Speed-R and quite like it but do like the look of this one. It would suit the frequent riding I do bumbling around town :). I'll be keen to hear your thoughts mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts