Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else here find the pegs placement gets in the way of your shins/calves...?? I wear a pair of tall SIDI boot just so I don’t keep getting bruised up shins. I’m also only 5’ so that could be a factor. I have included a photo of me on the bike for a visual of my leg position when stopped on the bike.
Has anyone else replaced or adjusted the pegs placement at all, and if so what options are there?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The pegs haven't done me any harm as yet but yes, they do seem to be well placed to get your shins or the back of your calves depending on how you stand at rest. There's possibly a fix but not worth it for me. Others may be along to really help!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yes.. One thing I dislike about the Scrambler is the placement of the pegs I am always catching my shins or calves on them. My wife on the other hand has no problems with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check these Ducati pegs. Does not relocate them but provides a more stable peg with less aggressive finish.
Part numbers:
46410601A - LEFT FOOTREST × 1 $26.56
46410591A - RIGHT FOOTREST × 1 $26.56
76510031A - FOOT PEG RUBBER COVER L.H. × 1 $7.86
76510021A - FOOT PEG RUBBER COVER R.H. × 1 $7.86

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome, SJ. Yes, my 2020 cafe racer pegs are in the way when I put my feet down. I am 6'1" with thin legs and I still hit my calves. I wear Rokker riding jeans (excellent, by the way) and Dainese boots. I have some Bonamici rearsets on order (they are a few months delayed) which I hope will help give a more aggressive riding position and move the pegs out of the way.

How do you like the bike? I moved the forks up in the triple tree about 2 inches to make it turn in better. I was surprised at how slow the turn-in was compared to other bikes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put the Bonamici rear sets on mine, I like them for the most part, but the rear brakes were dragging. I had to rig up a spring to keep the lever from putting pressure on the master cylinder. They claim it's been fixed but stopped emailing me when I asked about the updated version. 🤷‍♂️ Also, you will need to vacuum bleed your rear brake after the installation.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I put the Bonamici rear sets on mine, I like them for the most part, but the rear brakes were dragging. I had to rig up a spring to keep the lever from putting pressure on the master cylinder. They claim it's been fixed but stopped emailing me when I asked about the updated version. 🤷‍♂️ Also, you will need to vacuum bleed your rear brake after the installation.
I have a set of Bonamici rear sets in a box waiting for install. It took several months to get them due to having a crappy vendor and COVID-19 causing production issues in Italy. Hopefully, they fixed the issue. I really don't want to add one more thing to my ToDo list (creating a brake spring). I also hope I can reverse shift the bike to match my others. I have a different connector that should allow this, but I have not tested to see if the shift arm will hit the rear set body. Rear sets could possibly help the OP.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Scrambler Café Racer
6 Posts
Yeah I get nailed by them every so often, but I like how they're positioned while riding so I'm not sure I'll move them or look for a different solution.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts