Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have inquired about purchasing shock components from Maxton and Shock factory in the past week and have been informed by both that due to U.S. liability laws they can't do it. Is this recent, or did I miss something on the threads for the past six months? So, that leaves Ohlins..or perhaps buying from a retailer who imports and assumes the liability?

·
Registered
589 Posts
It's a well known issue unfortunately, more to do with legislation in the USA than a reluctance to sell. If you want to get stuff shipped to a UK address and forwarded, I'm happy to help out.

·
Registered
564 Posts
How about SB Suspension? They are a supporting vendor of the forum based in the US.
SBKen is a forum member and he is currently doing a deal on shocks and front cartridges.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If I remember correctly, the M-Shock was delivered to the US for well under $500. From all reports, it's an excellent shock for the money, and would probably serve me perfectly well. Do we have anything comparable in the US?

Sarah

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maxton are a relatively small family run business.
They concentrate on suspension equipment for race machines but also more recently on ordinary riders needing suspension upgrades.
Their service is very much 'one to one' and they pride themselves on quality and personal service.
Having spoken to the owners they want to continue doing what they do best. Quality engineering is what they do and it would seem they are not driven by making more and more as their order books are full already.
They don't advertise much and it seems all their work comes from personal recommendation.
You can see why they are not keen to get involved in complex export markets with increased legislation and risk such as in the US.
It is a shame in some ways as their products are of the highest standard.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If I remember correctly, the M-Shock was delivered to the US for well under $500. From all reports, it's an excellent shock for the money, and would probably serve me perfectly well. Do we have anything comparable in the US?

Sarah
I'm very happy with my M-Shock Sarah.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sure, Pete and Dave, rub it in! Just kidding, you all enjoy the nice upgrade, and I'll ponder the current choices.

Sarah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts