Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
No experience,but can't be any worse than the standard crap!
Looking at that website they have other Scrambler specific products and some that are cheaper than eBay,DM rear rack and Dart screen for example.Couldn't find the SW Motech foot pegs that they list though.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at that website they have other Scrambler specific products and some that are cheaper than eBay,DM rear rack and Dart screen for example.Couldn't find the SW Motech foot pegs that they list though.
The Dart screen is no cheaper then the one directly from Dart as they add shipping while Dart shipping was free in UK.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the Shock Factory shocks on my Bonneville. I had Hagon 2810's on it previously, and whilst much better than standard, I couldn't quite get them right, despite Hagon being very helpful and changing the springs a couple of times at no charge. I then read a good review about Shock Factory, a small company, whose owner used to work for EMC prior to setting up his own business.

So I gave them a go and now had them on for the past 5,000 miles and been very pleased. They use a simple one dial adjuster that alters compression and rebound in a set ratio, and threaded preload adjuster, so very simple to set up and tweak to your liking. Overall, they've performed really well including a trip to France, another to Spain and a day at Cadwell Park. I now have the M-Shock on order for my wife's Scrambler and will report back on how that fares.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The SW Motech pegs can be found here:Footrest Kit. Silver. Ducati models. - SW-MOTECH

Along with other stuff: by motorbike - DUCATI - Scrambler - SW-MOTECH

Same as for the Multistrada according to the manual...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Got the M-Shock fitted and tested. As per my Bonneville, the shock looks nicely made, comes with instruction sheet and C spanner for adjusting the pre-load. Out of the box, it felt set up pretty much spot on for me, with no need to adjust the pre-load or damping. I've now softened off the damping by a few clicks for my wife, who doesn't treat her bikes as harshly as I do. :icon_smile: The red spring suits the red Icon quite well I think.

The front forks still need sorting, but the improvement the rear shock makes takes some of the urgency out of it, and I'll probably wait now until Racetech come out with something. I've had their fork internals on three bikes now and never been disappointed.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That shock looks good, and having the simple adjustment would be a bonus too, at least for me . Thanks for posting up.

Sarah

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very helpful first review, Joe. Ordered one today with a black spring for my UE. The red spring looks great on your Lady's Scrambler. Cheers!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Asked dealer at first service how much to swap out the M Shock with the OEM one and he said 70 quid. I am not too confident about doing it as have no way to lift the rear of bike from underneath. Have been evaluating the standard rear shock past few days and I will certainly replace it next month. Thanks again for the info about the shock Joe

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have an M Shock arriving this week, looking forward to it. I'll post a review when I can.

A quick thank you to Winding Roads, an online seller of the M Shock, I initially emailed The Shock Factory, the m shock manufacturer, but no response. (possibly too busy building shocks for scramblers)

I contacted Winding Roads, www.windingroads.co.uk and placed an order, below is an extract from their last email to me,

Hi Greg

Just to let you know that your Ducati Scrambler Shock is on it’s way.

The package is with UPS, tracking number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have also refunded to your credit card £15.00 as the postage was not as much as you were charged.

Kind regards,
Alison
Winding Roads Ltd Web
: www.windingroads.co.uk
Tel: 01332 865006

I was already happy with the price so for them to refund the 15.00 GBP was above and beyond what was required or expected, this plus fast service and good communication proves good customer service is not dead.

Thank you Alison and Winding Roads.

PS. I ordered this as Nitron and Ohlins were taking forever and unresponsive on expected delivery dates, Murphy's Law struck, Nitron emailed the next day, it's been sent too. I guess I'll be able to do a comparison.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Bet you can sell the one that suits you least, save somebody the wait.

Sarah

·
Registered
219 Posts
Changing the rear shock out requires a car jack under the engine and something to hold the front tire to keep the bike upright. But if you have those two things and the proper wrenches, it takes 15 minutes to remove and replace the shock. I had mine off and on twice last week (because I put it back on upside down with the yellow label facing up the first time, haha)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Changing the rear shock out requires a car jack under the engine and something to hold the front tire to keep the bike upright. But if you have those two things and the proper wrenches, it takes 15 minutes to remove and replace the shock. I had mine off and on twice last week (because I put it back on upside down with the yellow label facing up the first time, haha)
thanks,

that sounds simple enough

·
2,624 Posts
I put mine on a rear paddock stand and used a trolly jack to take the weight of the shock,

The bottom bolt can be a bit fiddly getting it past the rear footpeg frame,

1 - 20 of 139 Posts