Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Just thinking about how to increase low end torque on my Icon, has any one had any experience with this set up??

Is a shorter gearing worth a try?

Thanks

·
Registered
792 Posts
It’s already quite short geared. Any lower and 70mph will be quite unpleasant for any length of time.

I actually found dropping 2 teeth at the rear and lengthening the hearing improved low down grunt. Hear me out!
Scrambler has a very flat torque curve, so revving it out doesn’t really gain you much shove. What did slow me down was changing gear a lot around town. Always between 2nd and 3rd.
Slightly lengthening the ratios meant I could stay in 2nd a lot more and have plenty of ‘gear’ left to quickly pull away etc...

Exhaust + remap also helped power everywhere. Smooths out the engine at low rpm, so it pulls better from as low as 2000. On standard setup, kind of hesitant and a bit rough that low down. Only really happy 3000 to 6000.

remap also seemed to get rid of the slump in power after 6000rpm, bike pulled harder all the way to the limiter.

I’d say a shorter ratio is just going to shorten the amount of time the engine is in a happy place. So you’ll probably get more torque but very briefly.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Josh, how do you find yours at 70-80mph now?
my current Scrambler has standard gearing but my last one was much better with a 44T on the rear. Dropped 75-80ish just below 6k rpm.
Much better for cruising.

Just getting some more life out of current chain but very much looking forward to swapping back to a 44T again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts