Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I buy a scrambler Urban Enduro tomorrow? Considered the Desert Sled before but timing wasn't right. As time went on gravitated towards the UE because of the 50lb weight savings and that I won't be taking it off-road more than a dirt road (have a proper dual sport for off-road. And of course that awesome Army green. Been looking for the last year now and came across the right deal I think. As far as I can tell 700 miles $6000 Californian garage queen.

Should I buy an unreliable Italian turd of a Ducati and cover my body with Ducati Scrambler advertising head to toe??? Do you guys really want me to join the club?

I just don't

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Depends on your inseam/body length basically.

If you’re under 5’8” and 30” inseam, the UE will be great, if you’re taller it may feel cramped.

My $0.02...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on your inseam/body length basically.

If you’re under 5’8” and 30” inseam, the UE will be great, if you’re taller it may feel cramped.

My $0.02...
Fair point. I have rode the Desert Sled before and was comfortable. I have sat on an Icon a couple times and felt good too albeit can notice the shorter height. My plan was to boost a bit with the comfort seat. Someone has a wicked build that is damn near identical to my plan. Only question is, what seat is dat???

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Fair point. I have rode the Desert Sled before and was comfortable. I have sat on an Icon a couple times and felt good too albeit can notice the shorter height. My plan was to boost a bit with the comfort seat. Someone has a wicked build that is damn near identical to my plan. Only question is, what seat is dat???

The seat in the photo is off the original Classic.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Should I buy a scrambler Urban Enduro tomorrow?

Should I buy an unreliable Italian turd of a Ducati and cover my body with Ducati Scrambler advertising head to toe??? Do you guys really want me to join the club?

I just don't
Doesn’t sound like it’s the bike for you tbh.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Buy any Scrambler and order the Enduro front and rear mudguards then you good to go. That’s what I did to my Classic. Now it’s a Classico Enduro. :abnormal:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, I took photos of the seat that I was selling and it was difficult. My eyes were saying dark brown but the camera was saying espresso. I tried adjusting to match.

What I should have is take it outside with daylight then that'll be almost accurate. Still, ugh, so annoying. Anyway, the seat was sold to a lucky guy in EYE-OOOOWAAAA!

No, wait... that's Nebraska. My bad. Jeez, where do they come up with these names?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Urban Enduro front or rear mud guard are not available anymore.....

(I think I had the last ones)
How are they not available anymore? I thought US law was that manufactures have to maintain spare parts for any vehicle for at least 20 (IIRC) years? So if I get in a wreck and need a new fender, Ducati will tell me to kick rocks?

I love my UE. Don't ride it nearly as much as I should, but I love it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE:

So I picked up the bike and have put 200 miles on it so far. Got to say today I near crapped myself coming back home ~20 min in a 1.5 hour drive back. Pulled the clutch to coast down a long downhill straight away, and give a nice small "brummmmmph" with the throttle enjoying the ride, only when I gave a slight twist instead of engine noise I get no response and the check oil pressure light comes on. Engine is dead. I coast to the side of the road like the typical Ducati douche you'd expect riding one of these and find myself on the side of the road checking the engine on a 1000 miles bike. I didn't see anything glaring so got back on the bike and cycled the ignition. Issue had gone away and I made it home for analysis.

Any tips on what this may be? Am pretty concerned as I wanted this second bike to my dual sport for long street trips. Last thing I want to be doing is stuck on the side of the road like a moron or stuck with a $1500 reliability issue bill. I was told air cooled Ducati's are so reliable and was joking when I made this thread about common Ducati perceptions... Now I'm not so sure :apthy:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
It died while you blipped?

If that’s the case: they do that sometimes. Mine does it every now and then, but only in stop and go city traffic.

If you don’t blip it doesn’t happen. It’s annoying, but doesn’t happen too often.

(Knock on wood, last time was weeks ago)

·
Registered
978 Posts
How are they not available anymore? I thought US law was that manufactures have to maintain spare parts for any vehicle for at least 20 (IIRC) years?
I thought it was seven years after the vehicle ceases production but I am not sure that in the USA at least there is any legal requirement to carry parts after the warranty expires. This often falls into the goodwill category rather than the "legally must do" category and many vehicle owners get all confused about what is urban myth and what is reality.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It died while you blipped?

If that’s the case: they do that sometimes. Mine does it every now and then, but only in stop and go city traffic.

If you don’t blip it doesn’t happen. It’s annoying, but doesn’t happen too often.

(Knock on wood, last time was weeks ago)
That's comforting I guess lol

Any idea why it does that? Strange never encountered that before on other bikes.

Other than that fumble that really soured me today, I am really enjoying the bike as I thought I would from have ridden the Desert Sled. Was surprised by how stiff the suspension as the Desert Sled wasn't so stiff, however I understand why Ducati did it and am getting used to it. Looking forward to getting the comfort seat and picking up an inch in height and flatter profile while still saying DUCAT-AY on the back.

All around a real nice motorcycle - as long as it doesn't break down

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine did it in the brief period before the full Termi and upmap went on. Another lousy fueling issue possibly exacerbated by the single injector setup is my guess.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts