Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Ducati accessories pannier racks.

I had a set of Nelson-Rigg panniers but they were far too large and I couldn't rig them correctly to keep them from turning in towards the wheel.

I know the dude who rode around the world used the Ducati pannier racks and a set of fancy side bags but I don't have the $1000 for the bags he had.

Is my only other option the Ducati scrambler waterproof bags? Anything else that fits? I don't want a giant loop, etc, etc. I want soft bags that I can keep on for grocery runs and overnight camping trips.

Second question: I ordered a H/B rear rack but of course they sent me a 2018 model not a 2019 model so it doesn't fit.

Does anyone know of a rack that absolutely fits with the Ducati scrambler side racks other than the Ducati rear rack? Does the Hepco/B 2019 rack fit with the scrambler side racks or not? Is my only option the Ducati one?

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Perhaps not directly answering your question but I fitted a pair of Kriega bags. I have just done a 2.5 k km trip and plenty of capacity in the two bags and a cheap plastic cylindrical bag across the top. The Kriega racks are large plastic discs which look like number boards and suit the bike fine. IMHO a rear rack makes the bike look ugly with a too long overhang.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts