Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Winter is coming, and its always fun with some winter projects. :icon_bigsmurf:

Was thinking of making my Desert Sled a bit more personal and do some vinyl or paint job on my side panels and maybe even my Front Fork Fender Covers.

Would be fun to see and hear others ideas and experiences before I let the paint dust do some magic.

Just by searching the web I see loads images of the Classic and Icon model etc. However, I cant find that many desert sled projects.

I have just prepared the garage, and I have already some questions :)

1. Anyone know if the Side Panels from any of the other Ducati Scrambler models fits the Desert Sled?

2. Is there any easy way to remove the original red/orange/yellow painting or what it is from the panels and covers? How would you do it?

How to remove tank badges:

Original Black Edition:

I am working with black electrical tape to see how the lines and shapes change. It's fun to see how much that changes even if its far from the final result. Image attached.

Thanks,

Tyr

Attachments

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
They look like the 'standard' side panels for the early model Icons, FTs, etc so I'm guessing you'll find plenty that fit. The newer models from 2018, I think, had a change of side panel design but that doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't fit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts