Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it has probably happened bit by bit over more than three and a half years, noticed after looking at older photo's of my bike that it now leans over a lot more while on the side stand. Probably caused by sitting on the bike while on the stand (which I know is a no no in the owners manual).
Anyone had this problem and been able to rectify it?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Have you checked the bolt? There was an issue on earlier ones being too short...

But if it is the stand that is bent.... it can be bent back (you should see cracking on paint) - or a new one purchased..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the stand bolt recall done but will check to see if bent. Have you got the 1100? How do you like it?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes - swapped the 800 to 1100...

Like it a lot.... more comfortable as standard than the 800....

No need to upgrade suspension or seat (like I did on 800)

Prefer looks and more torque - nicer sound - little bigger - which suits me - big (heavy) guy.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Have you checked the bolt? There was an issue on earlier ones being too short...

But if it is the stand that is bent.... it can be bent back (you should see cracking on paint) - or a new one purchased..

It is not the stand that bends it is the bracket that holds it to the bike. It is a common problem on lots of bikes. You can often fix it by inserting some washers between the stand and the top of the bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts