Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m selling a custom made sidecar mounting kit for a Scrambler 800 (803). I saw some sidecars for Scramblers on the internet and reached out to DMC Sidecar who made a few of them. He was making a set for a local guy and so he made two and sold me one. This is basically an engine cradle that makes a frame around the bottom of the motor with bolt on mounts for a sidecar.

DMC sells sidecars, sidecar kits and DIY kits as well, but mostly any four point sidecar will probably work. I was building this for my kiddo with special needs and unfortunately, it won’t work out for us. The first two pictures are from DMC test fitting it on the customer’s Scrambler. I’ve never mounted it on mine, so it’s brand new.

I’m paid over $1800 before shipping. I’m selling it for $1200. I live near St. Louis, MO USA.
I can work with shipping, but I’d like to keep it in the USA for now.
91051EB0-E888-403F-8386-EE70FEB7F0F1.jpeg

792AE332-07BB-417A-9705-82DF7BACFD22.jpeg

869F15C2-BC73-44FA-83EC-60558D56DE8D.jpeg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New month, new price. $900 OBO.

I know this is a very unique kit and you have to be a unique kind of crazy to sidecar a Scrambler, so I’m not very firm on the price.

On a side note, the Scrambler it was going on is also going up for sale, so if you want a sidecar rig and don’t have a bike to bolt this to... I got you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this was my first go around with sidecars. I had originally bought a sidecar of unknown brand from someone off local Craigslist. The frame was “customized” to be rigidly mounted to a Harley Fat Boy. There were no adjustment points and the guy said it rode like crap over 40mph.

I reached out to DMC Sidecars since they’d made a couple Scrambler sidecars. He sold me all the parts to connect to my Scrambler and then told me to cut off all the HD specific parts that were customized. I was then going to weld on the parts to make it a generic sidecar mounting.

I was building it for my daughter with special needs and when things changed with her, I never got around to it the cutting and welding of the sidecar and I sold it to a local HD guy.

Anyway, I’m sure you could use a DMC sidecar because that’s who made the kit. It’s a pretty generic four point connection, so I’d imagine others would work.

Jay at DMC was super helpful when I discussed the build.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here’s a good shot at how it would attach. It comes with the adjustable threaded parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts