Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New 2018 Icon owner here.
First thing I wanted to do was replace stock silencer for slip-ons.
My silencer is welded to the exhaust pipe! Is this to prevent upgrades not done by dealer?
How do I get around this?

To be honest, I'm totally pi**ed about this.

Phast1

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welded as in proper welded - fusing steel together - or just a tight fit that you can not undo?

Where are you located?

They are normally just push fit with springs - maybe a clamp at the silencer to main system.

Can you post photos?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Agreed - thats why I asked for photos

Stole this picture from else where - but this is a one piece assy

All this comes off and is replaced by just a silencer.... removes CAT...

upload_2018-7-24_13-58-54.png

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welded as in proper weld. Like you'd see on a plumbing solder joint.
I'll post a pic when I get home in a few hours.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you have a stock Icon, the exhaust isn't (or shouldn't be) welded on. There are some springs you should be able to undo, and then the silencer and cat (the huge suitcase thing under the bike) will come off as one piece. It should separate at the round piece which is to the right in this picture:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy crap, I'm a retard.
Yes you guys are right . The weld is at the cat box. First post and new to this world. Thanks for the help guys.

On another note, if I installed an Akrapovic slipon myself would there need to be any other adjustments made?

·
Registered
733 Posts
The best solution with a new exhaust is a remap on a dyno

Second best would be. Booster plug

But it will probably run fine without anything ... probably

·
Registered
292 Posts
Holy crap, I'm a retard.
Yes you guys are right . The weld is at the cat box. First post and new to this world. Thanks for the help guys.
No problem! It's what forums are for, after all.

On another note, if I installed an Akrapovic slipon myself would there need to be any other adjustments made?
I did an Akra slipon on my Icon this spring. The bike will run fine with just the slipon, though you might notice a slight change in the power curve. In order to really get the most out of it, though, you should consider an air filter (I did BMC) and a tune. The easiest route to a tune is though Rexxer. They make a unit called the Rexxer Evo User. It's a little touchscreen device. You plug it in to your bike and read the stock map. Then you send that to Rexxer along with a list of your mods and they send you back a custom map for your bike. Then you use the Rexxer unit to load the map on to your bike. The unit can also be used to read diagnostic codes and reset the service indicator if you do your own servicing. Finally, should you ever take your bike to a dealer for service and the overwrite your tune, it takes five minutes to fix it yourself at home.

Right now I run the bike with the Akrapovic exhaust with baffles in (it is still super loud), the BMC air filter, and Rexxer tune. As far as I'm concerned it's how the bike should have come from the factory. It makes much more power in a nice usable curve, it doesn't pop as much on throttle overrun, and it runs a little cooler as well. It's also much lighter than stock, just like Akra say.

The exhaust itself is *really* nice and I am super pleased with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts